What's with rtr tread?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Webb

Not much happening on rtr. Everybody getting away from them, or just nothing to say?

Love my RTR boats, play with them every chance I get. I have 2 Miss Vegas and a Traxxas Villain. Mine are mostly stock and I don't race, so there really isn't much for me to talk about.

I'm about to drop an OS .18 CV-R into one of my Vegas and see how much more speed I can tweak out of it. I'm wondering what would be a good pipe and prop upgrade.

I have an old MRP Miss Bud that isn't really RTR anymore. Going to see how it runs with a new brushless setup this weekend.

The vegas I used to have ran great with a 18 cvr-m with a mac;s 3.5 pipe and mac's header, y-535/3 prop had no problem keeping up in the sport 20 class, even won some throphys

Thanks Corey, I appreciate the setup. Do you remember how long your pipe was? Interesting choice on the 3 blade prop.

the Y535 is a 2 blade Octura doesn't make a Y535\3 the Common 3 blade is the M435\3 and some with highly modded engine run a modified Y537\3 that Can perform very well when cut right. 68BUD the 3 blade prop gives you a little more Umph coming out of turns for Heat Racing, and a "little" more Lift on the transom, where the 2 blade props are more for Top End.

I sure miss racin my ol Vegas here in Fla! One of the most pure FUN classes i ever raced in! Ive still got the old boat just in case! Best bang for buck boat ive ever had!

i am looking at shortening pipe for possibly more RPMs, my header and pipe both have flange. had some great racing with my deuce at little thunder........... did i mention i won that class............... :D

thats why i am looking for more speed..............if Dean hadnt spun out i dont think i was gonna catch him in the last heat.

Yes Bill. It was fun I wish we could bring the class back. Im sure beween you me and my two sons we can have a blast.

Back