what speed should i get on this

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

owen

hi guys im setting up a dumas hot shot sprint 36" 11cc motor what speed will i be looking at?

cheers

Owen,

The 11cc K&B will probably push the boat to around the mid 40s in stock configuration. With a tune pipe exhaust system, it should get up around 50. However, unless you have some experience with model engines, I wouldn't recommend a tune pipe system.

Try running an Octura X542 and 45% - 50% nitro. And stick at least a 12 or 14 oz. fuel tank in the boat. Some one once called the 11/13cc K&B a good example of a "Fuel to noise converter."

The 11cc K&B is an example of the old adage, "Bigger isn't always better."

Jerry Dunlap

:) :) :)

That is funny Jerry!! Fuel to noise converter!!

I'll hope to get my 11cc in the mid 40's this weekend. I guess you are right about the big ain't allways better thing. Top speed is not that high.

But the amount of power at low rev's is astonishing. When you hit the throttle from idle, your hull wil probably jump out of the water and land a few meters further Owen :)

By the way does an ABC H20 sound right for this engine to?

when u say mid 40's mph or kph?

im in australia we go by kph, so if its 40mph i would be happy with that.

whats hard about a tune pipe, im only new to nitro i did have a petrol powered car once whet good till i ran it with bald tyres and rev the out of it, snaped the conrod:).

Owen,

The biggest problem with a tune pipe system for an 11cc K&B Outboard is neither the header or tune pipe is easily obtainable. I don't know of anyone making a tune pipe for an 11cc OB. A hand made header can be done.

However, a tune pipe is going to increase the stress on the motor and probably shorten it's run life.

Jerry Dunlap

Owen,

we are talking mph :)

I've seen some guy's using the magic muffler with good results ???

hell i dont want to reduce the life of the engine, i had to sell my proper 5hp outboard to buy the model engine (had to add some $$ to it aswell).

www.rcboats.com lists a 11cc o/b pipe. Jerry would know better than anyone if a pipe is availabe but Mark lists one under "More Accessories"

Might be worth a try..

Back