• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

what should i do???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MY BROTHER AND I OPEN HIS OPS 90 ENGINE AND WE NOTICE THAT INSIDE THE ENGINE THERE WERE BLACK STAINS AROUND THE PISTON ROD AND INSIDE AROUND THE BOTTOM OF THE ENGINE CASING LOOKS LIKE OLD FUEL. WHAT CAN WE DO IS THE ENGINE DAMAGED?
Maybe bad rear or front bearing so damaged on brass cage ring. Will you have to replace bearing kit and con rod also check play measure disc rotor tight if it still loose so replace Good Luck!

Jm you are correct about the stains coming from unspent fuel in the csae. This is the residue from the additives in the type of fuel you are using. I like Odonnell fuel, but it will stain your case,boat,and anything it gets on black from the additives they use. Like Allen said make sure your bearings are good and change fuel brands to eliminate the stain

Back