What is a good price for the older versionK&B45OB??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

What is a good price for the older versionK&B45OB??

I have run onto what I think is a pretty good deal on the old style k&b 45 ob. What would you guys think is a good for NIB engine.

Also any pitfalls for this engine??

Curt : :)

Re:What is a good price for the older versionK&B45OB??

It's a good engine and will last along time if it's brand new. I'd say new in box it's worth about $115-$130. I don't think they ever retailed for much more.

If you pass on it let me know. I can always use a sport engine for my two boys.

Yup I second that

The 3.5's used to go for that. The 7.5's were more in the $175-200.00 range. I like the older ones too, they had less problems with them especially the last ones that came out of the old factory in Arizona. The older ones have a 3-piece case where the newer ones have a 2-piece, no separate front case for the carb and crank.

Hi,

What is the engine year and type. If it is after 1993 and an 8702 or 8703 it definately worth buying. I agree with Ron though the price is more likely to be in the $175-200 range. These are good solid motors and a great buy when you can find them. There really is not much between one of these and a Pro motor when you stick a pipe on them.

my $0.02

GT 8)

Oops I'm sorry I did not read well and thought it came second hand. NIB between 150 and 220 the last few months

Guys, I have just put up a K&B for sale on a few sites, Jim's and some Aussie ones. (K&B 45 O/B P/N 8702), and nobody has even enquired about buying it. The only reason I'm getting rid of it I to feed my addiction for a Gas Outrigger. I know I should place this in the for sale section, but I feel it's relavent. I asked/asking AUD$300 which includes a set of JD's 7.5 WOF plans, I personally thought this was resonable for an engine that's in really good condition and hasn't had much fuel through it, but like I said, there have been no takers thus far.

Johno

Perth W.A ;D.

Latest posts

Back