what hull is this

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronald van Essen

Can anyone tell me what type of hull this is??

tunneloutboardHonolulu2_zpsdf3144a2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Outboard Sport Hydrunnel?

motor does not look fixed and the skeg is gone on the lower unit.

i agree with carl 3 point hydrunnel :lol: . might have seen one like it on ebay a few years ago. motor does not look fixed, it does have steering cables going to it, but where is the rudder? i have seen some pics of japanese ob "sport" style hydros that used a separate rudder, not attached to the engine. both turned together off the same servo.

That picklefork problem would make it hard to blowover I would think. I love the Plano tacklebox with the power panel built in it!

If you look at the transmitter that kinda dates the pic. I had one of those transmitters about 20 years ago.

i still have one of those plano tackle box's, mark. & yes, it is about 20 some years old. all my top water plugs are in it. not sure where ronald got the pic from, but he is in europe - they do run some different stuff than us............that blue "carb" almost looks like a venturi & i don't see a throttle cable, but i dont see an exhaust throttle either :huh:

No I don't have more pictures of it...

It was taken in Honolulu , yep Hawaii-when I was there for a few days around 1995 or 1996.

So good guess about the age of the transmitter.

Indeed in the picture you see no skeg eand a weird motor mount...

Despite the age of the Equi design it is still a very desireable piece of hardware!
Yes it is Mark!!!!! I have Equi pipes on just about every outboard I own...... :)

John's original design paved the way for most all of the designs that followed. I believe he may have been the only one that applied for and was awarded a US Patent for his outboard design......

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact krpnova/bob kensil here.he bought the pipe business from john equii, he may have new ones.he calls them equalizer pipes now

Latest posts

Back