What Eagle Is Which?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myrcbud

photobucket :p photo bucket

I'm planning to build an eagle after my miller. My question is, was there 2 different lobsters?in 89 and 90. I was looking at some pics on the net and I noticed the difference? was this an upgrade?or 2 different Boats Does anybody know if Rc Marine Design will sell just the font and rear sponsons? Which is the better of designs? Rear sponsons or no rear sponsons? Thanks for any help anybody can give me.

Up top are the 2 diferent boat.

myrcbud said:
photobucket :p photo bucketI'm planning to build an eagle after my miller. My question is, was there 2 different lobsters?in 89 and 90. I was looking at some pics on the net and I noticed the difference? was this an upgrade?or 2 different Boats Does anybody know if Rc Marine Design will sell just the font and rear sponsons? Which is the better of designs? Rear sponsons or no rear sponsons? Thanks for any help anybody can give me.

Up top are the 2 diferent boat.
The lobster boat ran in '89 & did not complete a full season as they broke it in half. The Winston Eagle boat for '90 was the former U-31 Circus/Miller High Life. For '90 the Circus boat was the less than successful multi winged boat (pic attached) The lobster sponsons are not really what you want for your '90 Bud boat you spoke of in the other post. Like I said, contact Pat Bristol, his sponson set is more what you want.

Ooops, missed the part about you building an Eagle now instead of the Bud. Do yourself a BIG favor, if you want to do the '89 Eagle "lobster" buy the complete kit from Phil Thomas. I have one, awesome boat & it holds a world record too. :p

......and you want the version with the rear sponsons. Trust me one this one. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey myrcbud, search on this board "My new scale 'in the works'." I think that will answer your last question.

Watercadet said:
Hey myrcbud, search on this board "My new scale 'in the works'." I think that will answer your last question.
Unfortunately, all the pics except the last one are no longer coming up when you click on the links to them ...... :(

The answer to the question is yes.

So here's one for myrcbud............. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Don Ferrette said:
Watercadet said:
Unfortunately, all the pics except the last one are no longer coming up when you click on the links to them ...... :(

The answer to the question is yes.

So here's one for myrcbud............. :)
sorry have to keep us under 50 megs....... so i need to delete old pictures as we go along.....

" sorry have to keep us under 50 megs....... so i need to delete old pictures as we go along....."

Tom, I figured it was something like that. Is there a way to archive things like pics so they could bew retrieved for later referencing? :unsure:

all that i know you can do is save the pictures on your own computer..... or maybe some online picture host?

Latest posts

Back