What Carb?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zrwhat

I just picked up a rigger with an OPS .45, it has been modified by Ackerman and I was wondering what carb is on the motor. The only markings on the carb is CB? It looks like a serious carb, just curious.

Thanks

Brent

So is this a good carb? I've been told that the rigger that this OPS is in was very fast :D Can't wait to get it going, just having the motor freshened up and then I need to find a gas tank(Jaguar 40, anybody have one they would like to sell?).

Thanks

Brent

So I take it this is an upgraded carb for the OPS?

Thanks John you will have the motor on Wednesday :rolleyes:

Brent

Carl Brey made many carbs under the name CB Marine. I have personally seen them on an OPS67 and it was much better than stock. They worked very well on a 21 CMB also.

Carl has been gone over a year now, he was a member of our boat club.

brent if that is the boat off ebay i have driven it. it is very fast but has a c/g problem. the difference of .005 shim will make it stuff or fly off the water. and thats running on smooth water by yourself. you need to get some weight on the transom so it is not so sensitive to changes. if i remenber right it is white with a checker flag ripping off the front with blue under it. is this the one?

zrwhat said:
Boaterbill,
I've got a Jaguar 1, .40 size.

Brent
ZRWHAT,

I have an extra metal tank that Mike Z made for my Hawk 7.5 rigger. Send me your e mail address I will take a couple of pics and send them to you along with the dimentions, it should work.

[email protected]

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Warlokboats,

Yep you are correct, bought the boat from Les Collins. As soon as I get the motor back from John and a tank, I'll get it on the water. I can't wait to run with you guys on the weekend in Ft. Wayne or wherever you guys are running(3 New boats, they will all need some serious pond time, Villain w/CMB.21ls, Stryker w/QD25, and the Jaguar). Thanks again for the info!

Brent

Any carb is an upgrade to an OPS carb.A K&B Red carb in an adapter works great on a OPS .45.

C.B. carbs were of the annular discharge design.Carl Had several venturi sizes for each size carb.Tell me the venturi size on your C.B. carb and I can tell you how the motor is going to act.

Annular discharge venturis don't draw fuel very well.Get the venturi to big and the motor will be a a light switch with no linear mid-range throttleability whatsoever.

Carl also had a brass sleeve that went over the barrel.These carbs have to be kept real clean or they will gall and sieze while the motor is running.

Carl passed away about 2 years ago.

Here is a couple of pictures of the motor. Rod the Venturi measures in at 0.338".

OPS-45.JPG

CB-Carb.JPG

Latest posts

Back