What a deal-starter battery

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Needed to replace my 12 volt batteries and charger for my starter. After pricing stuff, I Decided to go a little different route. Found a 24 v pack on the clearance wall and matching charger at Depot- for what would have been about $49.00 . When the lady rang it up - the battery came to .01 :blink: - she called back and they said yep - its a penny :wacko: :ph34r: Do you have any more was my first question once I tried to hide my smile. No of course- but for $24.99 - I have 24 volt power that plugs directly into my existing female spade connectors on my starter box and weighs 15lbs less at least than the two lead acid batterys ;)

battery  charger.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we are on the topic is there anything wrong with just using a 3s lipo for your power supply??? Good score on the battery also!!!

Since we are on the topic is there anything wrong with just using a 3s lipo for your power supply??? Good score on the battery also!!!
I dont know enough about the Lipo stuff- but voltage is voltage right :rolleyes:

We will see how mine holds up to starting a big block and let ya know .

Yeah using lipo is fantastic for starter batteries I use 4s without a problem, I use 4s because a 3s dosen't leave much voltage before it drops below 12v, you need to be careful with lipo's not to go below a certain voltage as you may know. PB lead acid battery is actually 14.7v fully charged anyway. 4s just give's you more time and less worry between charges....

Im a happy camper- charged it overnight and tried it when I got home. awesome power and lost at least ten ponds from the radio box.Plus the starter fits where the 2nd lead acid used to sit- sweet

23wnus1.jpg

Thats awesome and for $25 bucks you got to be happy with that...a little less dangerous than the lipo batteries aswell.... :rolleyes: nice setup.

Ahh thats funny kroggs made me chuckle man, just make sure you do it out in your yard to help keep the spiders at bay :D

Back