Wave Blasters of Florida 1st Invitational Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Haines

The Wave Blasters of Florida Announce their Invitational Race - March 15th - The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race will be held at the WB pond on March 15th beginning at 9 AM. Racing Classes will be - SuperVee Stock - SuperVee Modified - Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) - Spec OPC - N-2 Mono - P-Mono - Q-Offshore. (see Waveblasters.org for Sv & LSH rules)The entry fee will be $10 and $5 for each additional class. All Non-NAMBA members will pay a 1 day member fee of $10 additional which goes to NAMBA. Plaques will be awarded for 3 places each class. A minimum of 4 boats required to have a class. Those wishing to participate should e-mail the the information below to [email protected] or send to Wave Blasters of Florida, Attn: Bud Johansen, 4521 S.W. Long Bay Drive, Palm City, FL 34990. A registration list will be posted through this website and updated daily. Please list your intended classes so that we can determine the amount of boats and classes to be run. The lake will be open to practice on Saturday March 14th from noon till 5pm.

Any other questions about the event can also be answered By a PM to Mike Martin or Ken Haines on this forum. This should be a lot of fun, most likely a small event, but we have a really nice pond site and this should give our club a good practice run at the future FE Nationals. Definetely check out our web-site for more details and pond location.

Waveblasters.org

Please submit the following info for race entry:

Name ______________________________

Street Address ______________________________

City, State, Zip ______________________________

Telephone ______________________________

Cell ______________________________

E-mail Address ______________________________

Race Classes to Enter (Indicate all that apply)

SuperVee Stock _____

SuperVee Modified _____

Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) _____

Spec OPC _____

N-2 Mono _____

P-Mono _____

Q-Offshore _____

Wave Blasters of Florida

Club Secretary / Treasurer

IMPBA 104.263 mph T-Hydro Record Holder

Yes, sadly the race conflicts with the longstanding Arizona WinterWarmups. The main problem for our club members is there is only one class offered that we regularly race in Texas. I did not find the explanation of your LSH boats on the webstite, just those for the SV; we run AC or PB motors and LiPos in our club LSH class. The only other class offered that we run is P Mono. Long way to drive for one set of heats, it sounds like fun. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken,

Sounds like a good venue but alas if I go anywhere in March it will be to AZ.

Don't sweat it Jay, Randy & Alan,

We kind of knew that we were picking the same weekend as the Arizona race. With the distance between us we really did not think of it as much of a conflict. It would be hard to beleive with the economy that anyone would travel that far unless it was the Nats. I'm sure you will have a great race weekend in Arizona. After getting to meet Dave Newland in Sacramento at the 2008 Nats. I'm sure he and his club will put on a great event.

As stated, this is our first open race. Hopefully we will get our feet wet and learn somethings for our future FE Nats. Actually we had a pretty good first day response. We have had a bunch of inquiries already. Mike and I also discussed our lack of LSH rules on the web-site. My mistake, we will address that in the next couple of days. Basically we are using SV or UL-1 power systems including ESC. (P-spec power) and any sport hydro hull.

Our 1/10th mile oval is a lot of fun, it makes for really great racing. We will certainly post the results and any storylines on the web-site after the event. I hope everyone has checked out our pond on the web-site, we are certainly lucky to have this park and location.

Maybe we will get to see you guys in Michigan and Their FE Nats.

Good Luck in Arizona, Ken

Hey Guys,

We have some local hotel info rates etc. Mike Martin got these together a couple of days ago:

Best Western Port ST. Lucie 7900 S. US 1 PSL FL. 34952 772-878-7600 I have some rooms blocked 2 bed suite / $85.00 night . this is the best one about 4 miles away let them know your here for the rc boat race.

Econo Lodge 3236 S US 1 FT. Pierce FL. 34982 772-461-2323 / $75.00 a night the best western is worth the extra 10.00 about 6 miles away

Savannas recreation area and camp ground 1400 E Midway RD. Fort Pierce Fl. 34982 772-464-7855 / $22.50 night

Very nice camp ground bring your fishing pole its about 1/2 mile from race pond.

We also have an updated entry form / application which includes an additional class "P-Spec Hydro"

I've attached the race app. below, If you know you are attending please sign up so we can start to figure out our schedule.

Thanks, Ken

Wave Blasters Invitational Race - March 15th The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race will be held at the WB pond

on March 15rh beginning at 9 AM. Racing Classes will be - SuperVee

Stock - SuperVee Modified -Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) -Spec OPC -

N-2 Mono - P-Mono - Q-Offshore - P-Spec Hydro.

The entry fee will be $10 and $5 for each additional class. Non-

NAMBA members will pay a 1 day member fee of $10 additional

which goes to NAMBA. Plaques will be awarded for 3 places each

class. A minimum of 4 boats required to have a class.

Those wishing to participate should e-mail the following information

to [email protected], Fax to 772-419-8640 or send to

Wave Blasters of Florida, Attn: Bud Johansen, 4521 S.W. Long Bay

Drive, Palm City, FL 34990. A registration list will be posted on the

Wave Blasters website and updated daily.

Name _____________________________________

Telephone _________________________

NAMBA # _________________________

SuperVee Stock / Freq. _____

SuperVee Modified / Freq. _____

Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) / Freq. _____

Spec OPC / Freq. _____

N-2 Mono / Freq. _____

P-Mono / Freq. _____

Q-Offshore / Freq. _____

P-Spec Hydro / Freq. _____

www.WaveBlasters.org

Hey Guys,

We have finally posted the additional spec class rules and P-Spec Power rules on the web site.

Go to Waveblasters.org (see the "News & Updates" tab)

Also as mentioned we are adding P-Spec Hydro to our race schedule.

We would ask if you already know that you are attending please send the attached application info to: [email protected]

We definitely need the entries so that we can better plan the race schedule.

Your help would be greatly appreciated as we do know many definite racers yet to sign up. We have had tremendous interest so far, also lake will be open all day Saturday for practice. There are already a gang of us planning to attend that practice day. Should be a lot of fun swapping FE stories, and tuning in our boats. By the way the recent weather has been great, 70-80 degrees, thats Florida ! yeah !

"DON'T FORGET WE NEED YOUR ENTRY INFO"

Thanks, Ken

Wave Blasters Invitational Race - March 15th

The first Wave Blasters Invitational Race will be held at the WB pond

on March 15th beginning at 9 AM. Racing Classes will be - SuperVee

Stock - SuperVee Modified - Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) - Spec OPC -

N-2 Mono - P-Mono - Q-Offshore - P-Spec Hydro.

The entry fee will be $10 and $5 for each additional class. Non-

NAMBA members will pay a 1 day member fee of $10 additional

which goes to NAMBA. Plaques will be awarded for 3 places each

class. A minimum of 4 boats required to have a class.

Those wishing to participate should e-mail the following information

to [email protected], Fax to 772-419-8640 or send to

Wave Blasters of Florida, Attn: Bud Johansen, 4521 S.W. Long Bay

Drive, Palm City, FL 34990. A registration list will be posted on the

Wave Blasters website and updated daily.

Name _____________________________________

Telephone _________________________

NAMBA # _________________________

SuperVee Stock / Freq. _____

SuperVee Modified / Freq. _____

Limited Sport Hydro (LSH) / Freq. _____

Spec OPC / Freq. _____

N-2 Mono / Freq. _____

P-Mono / Freq. _____

Q-Offshore / Freq. _____

P-Spec Hydro / Freq. _____

www.WaveBlasters.org

Hi Guys, It was great meeting you at the Nat's & watching those Rico's tear up the pond. Good luck with the race. You guys are a class act & I'm sure you'll put on a fun weekend. As expected , I'll be in AZ that weekend but would sure love to visit some time down the road.

Tony Heller

Hi Guys, It was great meeting you at the Nat's & watching those Rico's tear up the pond. Good luck with the race. You guys are a class act & I'm sure you'll put on a fun weekend. As expected , I'll be in AZ that weekend but would sure love to visit some time down the road.
Tony Heller
Hi Tony,

It was real good getting to meet you as well. You also had some awsome boats, and were just a pleasure to chat with about your FE experience. Maybe we will get to see you at this years FE Nat's in Michigan. Make sure to look us up if you ever vacation in Florida.

Take Care, Ken

Ken would like to come watch fe race i run nitro be interesting to see where is the pond i be coming from Lake Worth.

Ken would like to come watch fe race i run nitro be interesting to see where is the pond i be coming from Lake Worth.
We certainly would love to have visitors as well.

Directions from Lake Worth:

Take I-95 north to the Midway road exit (just north of Port St Lucie but south of Ft. Pierce)

Take Midway road east past US #1 about 10 streets to Myrtle Street.

Go South (right) on Myrtle 3 blocks till you see the pond at Palm Lake Park.

Also the directions and map are located on the web-site at:

Waveblasters.org (Then select the pond site tab)

Hope to see you there at either the practice on Saturday March 14th

or the race itself on Sunday March 15th.

Thanks, Ken

We Have 10 racers signed up already, with a total of 30 boats entered so far. If our count is right about racers who already told us verbally that they were racing we should have at least of 20 racers. So far 4 racers outside our club have signed up: Ray Rankl, Mike Harvey, Don & Donnie Wollard. Mike Pags has made his flight reservations, and the latest news is that Doug Twaits Jr. is coming. There have been some other notable racers inquire that are still strongly considering attending. Guys even if you don't have your boats ready this is starting to shape up as an event not to miss.

The now scheduled Saturday practice should be a great chance to meet and talk to some really good racers. Also if your not from Florida and have not noticed the weather it's been in the low 80's with very little humidity perfect chamber of Commerce weather. Check out the web-site if your still debating on signing up.

Waveblasters.org

Thanks, Ken :D

Jeff Westbrook from the Tampa club entered today, Thanks Jeff and welcome to the Race.

We also had a few more Wave Blasters enter today as well.

This brings our new race total to:

14 racers, 34 boats and still growing

As stated in previous post we still have some additional racers that have told us they were definite,

our hope is to grow this event to 20 plus racers. :D

Thanks, Ken

We now have 16 official entries with 42 boats entered.

We have also surpassed 1200 views about this race spread over 3 forums.

With 3 1/2 weeks to go we expect more racers for this event than were at the 2008 FE Nats. For all those still waiting, we sure would like you to sign up soon so that we have everything planned. There are only 2 classes still not above the minimum of 4 boats required. Also we will be making all heat assignments on a random draw the day of the event. So it does not matter if you wait to sign-up, there is no strategic advantage.

See our web-site for the classes and entries at:

Waveblasters.org then go to the links tab and select the race registration list.

We have a bunch of notable racers now from all over the country.

This really is a race you will not want to miss !!

We now have 17 official entries with 45 boats entered. This race continues to grow, I just had contact with a probable 3 additional racers. This on top of a group of our regular club racers that still has not hit the entry list yet. Maybe 20+ racers !

I will again ask all those still waiting, we sure would like you to sign up soon so that we have everything planned. There is only 1 class (P-spec OPC) still not above the minimum of 4 boats required. On another note, we will be making all heat assignments on a random draw the day of the event. So it does not matter if you wait to sign-up, there is no strategic advantage.

Waveblasters.org then go to the links tab and select the race registration list.

As previously mentioned we have a bunch of notable racers now coming from all over the country.

"We now have 21 official entries with 52 boats entered"

This race continues to grow, I have had contact with a half dozen potential additional racers.

A good number of our regular club racers have now signed up and we also expect a couple more.

I will again ask all those still waiting, please sign up soon so that we can have everything planned.

There is only 1 class (P-spec OPC) still not above the minimum of 4 boats required.

We have been most fortunate so far on the amount of entries, as far as we know this will be the

largest FE race of the year outside of the Nats.

As previously mentioned we have a bunch of notable racers now coming from all over the country.

The newest race addition will remain un-named at this time, but he has close to 50 combined District

and National Championships. I wonder how the Wave Blasters will stack up against all this competition?

"We now have 23 official entries with 56 boats entered"

This race continues to grow, I'm still waiting on replies from a few more additional racers.

A good number of our regular club racers have now signed up and we also expect a one more.

I will again ask all those still waiting, please sign up soon so that we can have everything planned.

There is only 1 class (P-spec OPC) still not above the minimum of 4 boats required.

We have been most fortunate so far on the amount of entries, the response has been terrific.

Richie Lind of Rico Racing has paired up to drive a 29" Rico mono for Ron Desmond of Fast Ron Racing.

Richie will be the 11th P-Mono signed up. Richie has dozens of gas district and national championships.

How will he match-up racing FE against Doug Twaits Jr., Mike Pags, Mike Martin, Don & Donnie Wollard,

Ray Rankl, or any of the lesser know very good FE racers ?

Class Entry Totals:

SV Stock= 8

SV Modified= 8

LSH= 13

N-2 Mono= 6

P-Mono= 11

Q-Offshore = 4

P-Spec Hydro = 5

OPC = 1

If you have any detailed questions please send me a PM

Hey Guys,

We finally have an address to the property just aside of the Wave Blaster's pond site.

This will get you to the race via Map Quest or a GPS navigation system.

Here it is:

4915 Myrtle Drive

Ft Pierce, FL. 34982

The map directions are:

Take I-95 to Ft. Pierce

Exit at Midway Road and head east.

Stay on midway several miles, cross US #1

continue on Midway to Myrtle Drive.

Turn south or right onto Myrtle

Go 3 blocks till you see Palm Lake Park.

Hopefully this helps everyone get there.

Saturday practice will start about 10 am.

Sunday open water starts at 8am.

The Drivers meeting will start at 9 am.

It looks like we will have more than 25 racers and more than 60 boats.

We are still waiting on some late entries. Hopefully we can post these additional racers in the next few days.

More to updates follow,

Ken :D

Hey Guys,

Our race is quickly approaching. We will convey any thoughts or details thru this forum.

We will have 120 VAC power available for all attending. We will have tables and a canopy for our non-member guests. We will have tables for those traveling by air. For those traveling by auto, please bring tables as we have limited table space. We will be asking everyone not to pit in our normal club pavillion. As this is a larger race we would like to have that area freed up for the race directors and drivers. There are picinic table / benches under the pavillion for setting you boats etc. just prior to your heat.

We expect moderate temperatures for the race day, they are currently calling for 72 degrees and partly sunny.

We are still sitting at 23 racers and 56 boats. Still waiting on our last minute entries.

Sign-ins start at 8 am / Drivers meeting 9 am.

Our goal will be to start the drivers meeting at 9 am and start racing at 9:30 am in order to be complete with all 3 rounds by 4 to 5 pm. If we are running ahead of schedule we will stop after round 1 for a half hour lunch. Since this is our club's first larger race, I'm sure we have not thought of everything, please be patient as we will quickly resolve and unforseen issues that occur.

On behalf of our club, Mike Martin (president) and I would like to welcome you guys for what looks to be a great weekend. We hope everyone is getting race fever and are really amped up about the event. Also we have had several sponsors voluntarilly step up to the plate. I will announce them on our next race post. Please check this forum every couple of days for any additional updates.

As a reminder our web-site is; Waveblasters.org to see the race entry list.

1 more week to go !!!

Back