Water boils at Storm #1

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV Boats

Well we've worn out the other post so I will start the results here and continue with heat racing after their tabulated.

Starting with the slower classes first.

Mod VP 2 lap time 39.45 by Shawn Junker with a Vision/OS 21

45 Superstock 2 lap 34.63 by Mic Halbrehder HTV/Nelson can muffler.

20 Stock/Sport tunnel 2 lap 32.13 by John Otto (matic) Lxnx/OS

very heated competition with Lynx and Visions all in the hunt.

40 Mod Tunnel 2 lap 27.44 by John Otto Vision/CMB with custom Otto lower.

Jay Halbehder and John were wiping each other off the leader board through the day. Jay laid down a late afternoon 27.90 and John came back with time running down on his last run scrubbing a bouy and a 28.20. Stayed upright and opted for one last go and put down the final kill with the sub 28 second time.

20 Mod tunnel went off in windy rough conditions with Britton'sLynx in he low 28's and that kept him top of the board till the water calmed down around noon. Ron Drake put down a mid 26 second run that looked unbeatable with his Lynx. Shawn Junker in the afternoon pulled off the run of the day with a blistering 25.67 pushing his Vision/CMB through the turns hard. With time running down Ron made a few nice runs with a 12.4 split time only to miss a bouy in the second lap invalidating the run. There were more than one sub Namba record times. Unoficial as we used 3 stop watches and threw out the high and low. More often than not all 3 watches recorded within one tenth of a second of each other. Hats off to all that competed.

Side note the Brandon course is an official surveyed permanent course with sub bouys in place. Though unofiicial for actual records this puts Florida tunnels on the map with no where having as many quality boats in one club.

On to heat racing tommorow best 4 out of 5 heats on a challenging tri-oval course to sort out the best of the best in Southeast tunnel racing. Bragging rights until Charleston are on the line.

Mic

shawn ended up running my boat (ol baby blue) is a cmb rs with a lil tune by myself and a plane jane 442. there is much more left in the set up. need to give respect to ron if conditions were better we would have needed to put up a better time. cant wait to go heat racin now

Way to go guys...

or should I say...go Otto go....or Go Lynx go...

any how, thanks for the update...

Ronald

Heat Racing totals later but heres official Saturday times that were run and pulled down by faster times. 2 lap times

Correct me if I have incorrect boat or motor

20 Stock:

1, John Otto Lynx/OS 32.13

2. Jay Halbrehder Vision/OS 32.80

3 Zack Junker Vision/OS 32.81

20 Mod;

1. Shawn Junker Vision/CMB 25.67

2.Ron Drake Lynx/Nova 25.81

3. Randy Primo Lynx/Nova 28.62

4. Bill Britton Lynx/Nova 28.78

Namba world record Chris Grim 27.01 IMPBA Ron Drake 25.22

40 Superstock:

1. Mic Halbrehder HTV/Nelson 34.63

40 Mod

1. John Otto Vision/CMB 27.44

2. Jay Halbrehder HTV/Nelson 27.94

Mod VP

1. Shawn Junker Vision/OS 39.47

2. Mic Halbrehder HTV/OS 44.97

How come you Lynx people are so quite LOL

Sounds a bit like the old Holden (Lynx) V Ford (Vision) battle over here 'oh that race doesn't mean anything, it is the big one that counts' (Go Ford) LOL

This was a great first event turnout for a bunch of misfits. You really want to have fun, TURN YOUR COURSE INTO A TRI-OVAL... Adds so many different lines to run in and out of the point.

Quiet. nope. Rebuilding ,yup.

turn a 28.6 something and scatter it. Nothing a piston/ sleeve/ rod can't fix. Got 7 weeks to dial it back in for WTC.

Hats off to Shawn for a 2 lap blast. That was fun to watch, as was Ron's numbers.

Thanks again to Mic for a awesome weekend.

just would like to say thanks to mic, jay and all else who was involved in the planing of the event. it was a blast cant wait for future events. right in the middle of a tune on the cmb,s again lets see if we can shave some more time?????? thanks again jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
This was a great first event turnout for a bunch of misfits. You really want to have fun, TURN YOUR COURSE INTO A TRI-OVAL... Adds so many different lines to run in and out of the point.

turn a 28.6 something and scatter it. Nothing a piston/ sleeve/ rod can't fix. Got 7 weeks to dial it back in for WTC.

Hats off to Shawn for a 2 lap blast. That was fun to watch, as was Ron's numbers.

Randy

Glad to see you got your motor back together and in the hunt.

Your gonna have to start looking over your shoulder though cause I'm right there with ya now. B)

No more free rides with that rocket of yours. I got one of my own. :p

I turned a 28.7 right there with ya. ;)

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy

Glad to see you got your motor back together and in the hunt.

Your gonna have to start looking over your shoulder though cause I'm right there with ya now. B)

No more free rides with that rocket of yours. I got one of my own. :p

I turned a 28.7 right there with ya. ;)

Bill
Do i see this correct Bill Britton Lynx??????LOL

Back