• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WANTED, Disc Rotor for Older Picco 45

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rctinman

Hi Folks..

Trying to help a friend out, fixing up this engine for him. Looking for a disc rotor for an older Picco 45. I'm not sure what series of Picco this is, but the rotor is smaller than the EXR parts that I have, 1.170 diam. ( a little less than 1 3/16" ) This has a full circle crank, with a .194 drive pin for the rotor.

Please look around your parts, and see if you have one like this.

Much appreciated!

Steve Ball

SAM_5092.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve, that rotor looks a little odd. What diam is the drive pin for the rotor on the end of the crank pin. ( The part that drives the rotor).

Mark

Thought so. Most EXRs had a smaller drive pin .115" as far as I know. At a guess you have a full circle crank in that. Very early EXR or possibly it was retro fit with a P45 crank and rotor housing. If I remember correct they will fit in EXR case. One of the Joe W's can probably elaborate or correct me on that.

You may also need a rotor housing if it is scored at all.

Mark, the EXRs have a bigger diam. rotor and housing.

Thanks,

Steve

Thought so. Most EXRs had a smaller drive pin .115" as far as I know. At a guess you have a full circle crank in that. Very early EXR or possibly it was retro fit with a P45 crank and rotor housing. If I remember correct they will fit in EXR case. One of the Joe W's can probably elaborate or correct me on that.
You may also need a rotor housing if it is scored at all.

There was alot of variations that picco pushed out in the silver head , blue head EXR days. Even the first blue heads had some small bore cases.

Steve,

Pretty sure I have a couple of these ( disc rotor, pin, rear plate, new ) in a box in the shop. I'll check tomorrow and get back to you.

Dick Tyndall

I found 3 complete assy. in the shop. Pretty sure it is the same and will fit your engine. Disc rotor diameter measures 1.161 on my calipers. I'll get it in the mail to you this afternoon.

Back in the 90's I was getting Picco .40 Pylon ( aircraft ) engines from Arthur at Tidewater with a .45 P&L. The airplane cases had fins at the top and no water jacket. Kept more heat in the top of the engine. The engines came with disc rotors and I changed my engines to drum rotors for the boats.

Hope things are going well with you,

Dick Tyndall

Dick, this is fantastic! Please let me know how much I owe you.

I've been doing great, trying to stay healthy. LOL I'm looking forward to seeing you, Ray, and the gang in Charleston!

Have a good one!

Steve

I found 3 complete assy. in the shop. Pretty sure it is the same and will fit your engine. Disc rotor diameter measures 1.161 on my calipers. I'll get it in the mail to you this afternoon.

Back in the 90's I was getting Picco .40 Pylon ( aircraft ) engines from Arthur at Tidewater with a .45 P&L. The airplane cases had fins at the top and no water jacket. Kept more heat in the top of the engine. The engines came with disc rotors and I changed my engines to drum rotors for the boats.

Hope things are going well with you,

Dick Tyndall

Thank you Mr. Tyndall! Got the parts yesterday, and they fit perfectly. Another Picco lives! LOL

Steve Ball

Latest posts

Back