• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted Black Picco 8mm crank

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Jefferson

I know, stop laughing. Thought I'd try. Anyone got an 8mm crank for a Picco black head. If I can get the crank, the motor will be for sale without carb. Let me know...

Thanks, Ron

I may be able to help you out. I recently was on the recieving end of a great deal

from Preston Hall ( I might add a great person to deal with). And in the mix of things have an extra crankshaft. I will have to check when I get home. I am sure there is a 8mm crank there. Here's my question to you. Out of the Picco's I have one requires a 8mm collet. (wich I don't have) the spare crank uses a 6mm collet.

will the 6mm fit the Picco with the 8mm (of course the front brng will need replacement) if so I think I can help you out.

Kevin :D

kevin the 6mm Picco 45 engine & the 8mm engines had different cases,Rods, cranks, flywheels, flywheel cone & front brgs. The 6mm & the 8mm Will Not interchange either way. The 6mm crank engines were very prone to break the cranks. Unless you had a Replacement crank from the mfg. (these were in very short supply)

Last edited by a moderator:
<_< Thanks Joe more info now I'm realy confused. LOL The crank I have in my hands has a ft brng inside diameter of .475" and a rear brng inside of .275". Now unles I am mistaken the front brng (large) is close to 8mm. So wich is the diameter we are looking for???. This crank came out of a black head. the crank looks to be identicle to the silver and blue head EXR's I have. The last EXR (black)

which I only took appart to check brngs had a .315" id rear brng. I did not measure the front brng as it looked to be the same as the others. So in closing which one is the 8mm and which is the 6mm and where am I measuring it from.

Kevin :blink:

Kevin measure the Crank Where the front brg rides or contact is made on the shaft. When you change from a 6mm engine to the 8mm the OD changes also on the front brg.. The front brg is the SMALL brg. I know it Small (front) is in the back of the Boat. But the flywheel brg is always called the front. I believe this is from the plane engine theory days. Before we actually had Real marine engines. Dont matter how you flip the engine the flywheel brg is always the front. If you will provide those number i will help you determine what you have or need. Joe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Silly airplane guys. :p I'll measure them tonight as I have had a few peeps inquiring and would like to help them out if possible.

Keven 8MM =.314 so if your crank is .275 then it is not an 8 MM crank and 6 MM = .236 hope this helps you figure out which crank you have Scott

So now that I know where to measure. The front brng is .276" id. that would make it a 7mm??? So why is everyone asking about the 6mm crank. All but the one black head has a 7mm front brng id??? :huh:

I have avery good used 8mm crank i couls sell. make me an offer i cant refuse and its yours. i also have acase, carb, head button, flywheel and collet.

Back