Vision wins both 20 classes at Nats

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HTV JAY

I just got back from the Seville nationals and had a great time with a little success. I was able to win a US-1 in 20 mod, and win sport 20 which is a specialty class. In both classes I ran two different Vision boats. My dad and I both run Vision 20 boats which look and handle identically. In 20 mod my dad made a last minute decision and let me run his mod boat which had a pipe on an OS, and I was able to sneak out a win. In the Stock class I ran my Vision with a stock OS and again snuck through with a win. I really think Shawn at Vision hit a home run with this boat. I’ve run a lot of different 20 boats, and have owned 2 Visions of prior generations, and I think this Vision is an improvement. There are a lot of good boats out there, but for me this one really fits my driving style. My driving probably could be called aggressive, and I need a boat with a little forgiveness. Of all the boats I’ve driven these boats allow me to drive hard and I seem to not end up upside down as often. I’d also like to thank my Dad; he does all the set up on my boats. We both run the same classes, and I usually end up with the best motor the day of the races. One of these days I think he’s going to keep the good equipment for himself, and I’ll understand. Also thank you to Mike Laing and his club for doing a great job. I hope to see everyone in the future races.

Jay Halbrehder

Jay,

Congratulations on your US-1 in B tunnel and your win in Sport tunnel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats go out to Mic and Jay on a successful trip North, and to homeboy Shawn for the good hardware to work with.........

Randy

Good job Jay! Did you say 20 mod with an OS with a pipe? I'm running a vision with a Nova it is a great handling boat. Look forward to running with you at the Fall Nationls. Work on getting a babysitter now, so you can bring Aubry.

Good job Jay! Did you say 20 mod with an OS with a pipe? I'm running a vision with a Nova it is a great handling boat. Look forward to running with you at the Fall Nationls. Work on getting a babysitter now, so you can bring Aubry.
good job Jay

Great to hear you guy's won in Ohio. Are you going to come back home to MN. and show off your new boats?

Ron

Ron, no trip to MN this year, miss racing with the TCMBC. Maybe next year or you just need to get to Charleston in the spring.

Rick, yep just an basicly stock OS with the sleeve cut to 180 on the exhaust. A Jimmy Edelman (Irwin) pipe on an HTB header pulling a cut down Prather 220 prop. Not the fastest mod setup out there but it was bulletproof reliable.

Mic

Back