Victorian Champs!!!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EatMyShortsRacing

Now refresh my memory but how long has it been since the last Vic Champs.... and even more scary, how long it has been since EMS Racing actually attended a race in Victoria???

Folks... this could be history in the making... me racing in my home state!!!

EMS Racing yeah Detroit is easy to make but Altona... thats over that big bridge from me!!!!

Craig,

I think the last Vic Champs were in '98 :eek:

I still remember seeing your 90 hydro at the Vic Champs in '97. Screaming down the front straight, then it disappeared. A little while later it bobbed up and the tanks were floating seperately. It had taken the bottom of the tub out under the tanks from memory! :p

I will be going to this Vic champs by the way, and a bunch of Adelaide guys are lining up to take home some Vic silverware!

Nitrocrazed racing: State against state, mate against mate!

Ok. How about this then.

YOU VICS ARE GOING DOWN!!! THE SA CONTINGENT TOOK MORE THAN 30% OF THE TROPHIES AT FINLEY AND WE WERE JUST WARMING UP!! WE ARE COMING TO TAKE THOSE TROPIES LIKE YOU GUYS TOOK OUR GRAND PRIX! (WE NEVER FORGET. OR FORGIVE.)

Nitrocrazed racing: Chips on both shoulders.

Ahhhh thats much better.... now all you have to do is bring the fleet over and see how it stacks up!!! Remembering that famous line... is it me or am I just about to lap you???

Oh and that great band, Eat My Shorts (proud sopnsor of Eat My Shorts Racing) is actually playing on the Friday night of the race at the Lighthouse Bar in Altona just near the race site!!! Guaranteed hangover for racing Saturday!!!! Just the way I like to drive!!!

EMS Racing more shameless publicity!!!

Having seen Rowan Geard's 90 rigger at Finley I think he will lap us both if he has got it back in one piece again! : :) But at this stage I will probably just bring over the pride of my fleet, the 90 'bird. 80mph. And I have just started. More Cobalt Chrome props on the way.... :p

You may be able to persuade the SA contingent to go to a pub.... :p

Nitrocrazed racing: never heard of that band. Must be good.

Now just take it easy you two. Those of us that have already booked flights and accommodation for the Nationals in Adelaide want to see someone left to actually race against. Not much good if the two fastest 'big dogs' take each other out in some minor state event.

I think the best Vic champs would be the year we went down there and the wind was blowing at about 200MPH. We ended up tossing a coin to see who got 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Great meeting. Thanks god the drinking after at Al Mahwinney's place was in the garage and not in the wind.

See you guys at Christmas.

Bill Annabel.

"fastest 'big dogs'"! ;D Hahaha! :p My little boat will suffer at the hands of the big twins, I will be happy not to be lapped! : :)

The last Vic champs in 98 was very windy and they ended up tossing coins for trophies. Sure hope that doesnt happen this time. : :)

Hey Craig,

Bill is stoking you up here! :p Time for a grind on those motors!

Nitrocrazed racing: Adelaide: A barrel of fun. :p

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

first run of the twin!!! YEEHAH!!!!

Just running the motors in on H667s (yes octura) and it was pretty **** good... Wait till I put the fast props on!!!

Bolly's seem to work fine too...

Now for the Dremel!!!

No Wild Bill at the Vic Champs???? boo hiss... We want Billy!!!!

EMS Racing Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This race ought to be good! Lots of trash talkin' but we have to wait to see who is going to bring home the trophies in the end.

Craig, we still want to get a copy of you music CD. EMS, R'nR Music Gods in the Land of Oz!

Wet Paint Racing; on the way to posting 1000!

Craig,

Good to hear it was going well! ;D

A H667 is what I used on my 90 boat in Finley. Not too bad, with the A-90 I had it doing about 79mph, but mostly about 75mph. The H50's were good for 80mph all the time. While they were still straight. : :) Try that! With a bit of selected grinding, and bringing the pipes in, watch out! 8)

Did you pick up any interesting props over there? ???

Ron,

I am looking forward to it! ;D I haven't heard Craigs music (muzak? :p ) either.

Nitrocrazed racing: Okay you guys. Work out who's going to come second.

Ian,

Well looks like I need a pair of H50s then. I have a pair of H38s modded by Magilla which I didnt try (because the last run before I was going to change props I kited it in the back straight and went in nose first sending the battery pack too far forward for its wiring ending the testing there) but Magilla told me that the 38s were not as fast but he could do quicker lap times with the 38s.

Ron,

It will be great to catch up with all these guys again at the race. Believe it or not we all get on really well except on the drivers stand!! LOL

EMS Racing Bloody bloody hell hell now now I I need need two two of of everything everything

Ian,

Almost forgot. Gave my mod 1475 back to CMD to copy so I will have two of those as well.

Will go thru the inventory of what I brought back at the race... :)

EMS Racing Did some one say secret weapons?

Magilla was quicker with the H38's but that was with the K90's and SHORT pipes. It also had the HEAVY sponsons on it at the time....

Any other NSW guys planning on going to the VIC titles out there?

Craig - How's the C hydro going?

Craig,

I doubt the H38's will be quite big enough to load the engines properly with A-90's. I ran a H48 in Canberra in testing and that was quite quick as well, but I didn't have a radar on it.

Hmm, secret weapons? 8)

Nitrocrazed racing: One motor in a boat is enough trouble.

Tim,

Well I did notice the front was a little light (as I blew it over yesterday) but I couldnt run the cowl either because of the tanks. Once the new tanks arrive the extra downforce may help.

So what is between 38s and 50s?

C Boat may make the vic champs.

Ian,

The 1475 was an Andy Brown prop that I had on my single 100 rigger

Craig,

The cowl would make a big difference. Eric A told me once that the eagle type cowl was quite important for the downforce it provided.

48's would probably be a good step from H667's, but try the H667's at the short pipe length I mentioned to you before giving up on them. They dont have a lot of blade area tho, and on your boat the extra blade area of the 38's, 48's and 50's may be better.

Did you ever have that 1475 on a pitch guage? I might have to have a good look at that one!

Nitrocrazed racing: Cobalt Chrome H50 is on the way....

Latest posts

Back