Valvola/MAC Piston/Liners

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty Davis

Will the 06 Valvola Piston/Liners fit the MAC 21? If not, what am looking for?

Marty Davis

Marty Davis
Marty, if you are looking for the single exhaust port sleeve, the Valvola Green head and the first Valvola Red head will have the MAC style sleeve. The first red head was made in 06, but not sure if those were sold in USA. The first 06 red head had the same case, piston and sleeve, crank etc. as the MAC. The change was the drum housing with bolt on ramp, and bolt on carb, and red water jacket. Hope this helps, Richard D

Marty Davis
Marty, if you are looking for the single exhaust port sleeve, the Valvola Green head and the first Valvola Red head will have the MAC style sleeve. The first red head was made in 06, but not sure if those were sold in USA. The first 06 red head had the same case, piston and sleeve, crank etc. as the MAC. The change was the drum housing with bolt on ramp, and bolt on carb, and red water jacket. Hope this helps, Richard D

Does anyone have a source for these?

Marty Davis

Which one for green (Late) no ears port liner or red (Early) with two ear ports liner valvola because same 2006 It is good working but liner (06 red Valvola) block ears ports into the 21 MAC crankcase so may cut grind little sand modified on out exhaust area ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one for green (Late) no ears port liner or red (Early) with two ear ports liner valvola because same 2006 It is good working but liner (06 red Valvola) block ears ports into the 21 MAC crankcase so may cut grind little sand modified on out exhaust area ;)
NO, I don't want the late model liners with the exhaust ears. I want the ones that are a direct replacement for the MAC 21.

Marty Davis

NO, I don't want the late model liners with the exhaust ears. I want the ones that are a direct replacement for the MAC 21.

Marty Davis
I am understand about it Have to find replace use Valvova 2002 to2005 liner match as same as old MAC21 P/S

Good Luck!

Marty Davis
I am understand about it Have to find replace use Valvova 2005 liner match as same as old MAC21 P/S

Good Luck!
Marty, try Mark Sholund 231-590-3023 for the single exhaust port piston and sleeve. Richard D

Marty,

You need the piston and sleeve from Andy Brown,he should have them in stock

very soon. The Valvola 21 Greenhead is the one that is a direct fit, and I have

asked Stu Barr to order some if possible from the factory. I am all sold out of

these liners & pistons. Andy stated a few weeks ago that he is working on the parts

for the MAC 21, and either the liners were done or the pistons. So it won't be long

now from Competition Marine Designs Inc.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

Marty,
You need the piston and sleeve from Andy Brown,he should have them in stock

very soon. The Valvola 21 Greenhead is the one that is a direct fit, and I have

asked Stu Barr to order some if possible from the factory. I am all sold out of

these liners & pistons. Andy stated a few weeks ago that he is working on the parts

for the MAC 21, and either the liners were done or the pistons. So it won't be long

now from Competition Marine Designs Inc.

Happy Holidays,

Mark Sholund

Thanks Mark. I probably will just finally put the MAC's away and go with a CMB. We have a couple of the new engines running fairly well now.

Marty Davis

Marty - wasn't able to respond to your PM. Locked out for some reason. Anyway, I do not have any Greenhead 21 motors or P+S sets left. I would liek to find a couple myself. Sorry - Bob

Marty if the liners are not scored just send them to Brad Christy. He'll make pistons to fit the sleeves & can hone & polish them too. He did the pistons in my MAC84's I just used at record trials & they were perfect. B)

CMB has some parts left for the Green Head Valvola's, but there are no piston and liners to be had.

This is not good!...theres a million green head and blue head motors out there and no parts.What are we going to do for next year? those little motors are the fastest motors ever! and you dont have to modify them at all and they scream!....CMB needs to support their stuff.Ive been making pistons for my old sleeves for a year but there all junk now.So far I see the red head is a slug,I cant understand why they would change somthing that is so good,I am building 2 A Hydros now and im going... what am I going to do for motors???? Im looking at the new OS .21 but I dont like the ex out the back,what to do,what to do!

CMB made em,green and blue,they need to support em!

CMB has some parts left for the Green Head Valvola's, but there are no piston and liners to be had.

This is not good!...theres a million green head and blue head motors out there and no parts.What are we going to do for next year? those little motors are the fastest motors ever! and you dont have to modify them at all and they scream!....CMB needs to support their stuff.Ive been making pistons for my old sleeves for a year but there all junk now.So far I see the red head is a slug,I cant understand why they would change somthing that is so good,I am building 2 A Hydros now and im going... what am I going to do for motors???? Im looking at the new OS .21 but I dont like the ex out the back,what to do,what to do!

Scott, the red head latest liner with the redesigned small sub exhausts from the RS07 motors over here is very good and with a small mod to the case will fit right in the greenhead ( I use it myself in my greenhead motors). It has 127 transfers and lots of torque just like the first greenhead motors. This is the liner where the exhaust port is a normal shape with small sub exhausts, not like the first red head liner with the strange shaped exhaust port and large sub exhausts, which was a dog. The piston is also stronger on this motor with smaller bypass ports which is a bonus.

Dave

I bought a good bit of stuff from them & had absolutely no issues and great service until I tried to return something. Just make sure of what you are ordering as I have been trying to get $88 refunded to me for well over 6 months now for a couple props I returned that were wrong. The last contact I had was when I gave them all the shipping info and tracking numbers, since then no answer to my e-mails & no refund. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Scott, the red head latest liner with the redesigned small sub exhausts from the RS07 motors over here is very good and with a small mod to the case will fit right in the greenhead ( I use it myself in my greenhead motors). It has 127 transfers and lots of torque just like the first greenhead motors. This is the liner where the exhaust port is a normal shape with small sub exhausts, not like the first red head liner with the strange shaped exhaust port and large sub exhausts, which was a dog. The piston is also stronger on this motor with smaller bypass ports which is a bonus.

Dave
Thats good news Dave ,thanks.

They also sell items on E-Bay that they don't have in stock.

I've purchased a few things from them also and on one occasion nothing was shipped.After MANY e-Mails with no response, they finally responded to let me know that they are waiting for the manufacturer to ship the parts to them. Ater a month of waiting,they gave me a refund.

But I have gottin a few good deals from them too.

They are legit!

Andy's close,

wait just a bit longer.I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

Latest posts

Back