twin cylinder

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark

I saw a twin cylinder marine engine somewhere on the web but I can't find it. Does anyone know the address where I can look at this engine?

This is a fantastic site Tom all the info from other people on the forum is great and thanks to all who have given me their suggestions.

Mark

You can find a Vee-twin called a PIP A 180V on their site at

www.precision-in-perfection.de

Its nice to be able to help out on the first posting

That's pretty cool, CollinW! Welcome aboard!

A PIP V-twin

v30.JPG

hey,

i saw something like that somewhere on here..............nitrocrazed, was it you or dale who has a twin cylinder with the cylinders placed like that?

howdy collin,

welcome to the crazed r/c boat nuts' forum.

joe

Mark

all u have to do is go to history (under mydoc.) and find the site that u went to earlier... always works for me ;D

matt

Joe,

It was me with the 180V. Unless they have addressed the problems I had with mine I would not recommend one. They are a really cool concept, but suffer from some design problems, see my post at the end of the thread "A100 pics", which is now on page 4.

Ian.

thanks ian..........what kinda problems did you have with yours besides the fact that the cylinders were obviously not centered [ ;D ;D] ?

Hi all

Nitrocrazed, I contacted Paul of Nimrif Models. And confronted him with the problem you have had > :(

He told me he was on top of things, and that the engines should be A OK, now.

He has been trying out a smaller carb(might be a problem). That much, he did give you ;)

Otherwise he stated that the barings wasen't "more" open than normal nitro barings... And that the engine is constructed in much the same way, a mathe engine is!!

Merry X-mas

CMBracer,

The problem with the seal is not the bearings themselves but the clearance between the case and the crankshafts. This has to be made very small otherwise the leakage will be too great. All engines leak past the bearings, but the A180 was so excessive it could run with the carb fully closed!

I have no idea about Mathe's, I have never seen one. But the centre crankshaft of the A180 (unless it has been changed from mine) is not strong enough. The small 2.5mm pins cannot possibly take the load (I am a Mechanical Engineer by trade and have done calculations to confirm this). Also the use of wooden dowels for crank plugs is unacceptable. The disc float is also far in excess of any I have seen on any other engine.

I hope Paul Firmin does resolve the problems with the motor, I think it could be dominant in the hydro classes, and maybe the mono classes.

Ian.

run with the carb fully closed....yikes!!

i can imagine the problems that would present

["let off the throttle, let off the throttle!!"

"i am!!" "CRUUNNCHH!!" "whoops, sorry 'bout the large hole in the side of your yacht, sir...."] ;D

joe

Latest posts

Back