Turn Fin Depth?-12

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Templeton

How deep are you guys running your turn fins below the running surface and are you starting the bend at the water line or below?

I'm talking about on a 12 rigger.

Thanks,

Don

Don

I think i set Toms ff 12 at .25 below the sponson bottom.

We have the new 12 turn fins in stock and hope to have them for sale soon. There minuture copys of our US-1 21 turn fin.

grim

Are you saying you "start the bend" at .25" below the T.E.? Is your new fin bent or rounded?

Also, did you get my E-mail for the custom fuel cell?

Thanks

Don

How deep is the turn fin in the water for the FF12 or HH12? Mine is 7/8" (in the water below the ride-pad)

The one that I have at the present is a pre-production one that Wade made so I really couldn't tell you much. I do know that it does have a 20 degree bend in it and I have found out the if you sharpen the leading edge, do it at a 30-45 degree angle and not a smooth transition to be effective. Maybe Wade or Marty can fill you in better.

According to the information that I got from Hammer,

For the HH12 trun fin:

The bend starts at .177" below the bottom most point of the sponson. So it should be close the .250" mark below theoretical water line. It is about 1.200" deep below the bottom of teh sponson. The fin is bent, not rounded.

it sits

Latest posts

Back