turn fin and turbine pipe for 1/8 scale where to b

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john22469

i am building an 1/8 scale pringles with the turbine. i would like to know where to buy a turn fin and the turbine to cover the tune pipe.

thanks

john

Hi John,

Which Pringles are you building the open or canopy cockpit version? I would check with Dick Caspari at Thunderboat Reproductions for the turn fin he has one that you can start with and modify as needed. You can reach him@ Southern Yachts 1-316-685-8611 (9 am -4 pm).. Check his web site out: www.thunderboats.toys4bigboyz.com

The turnfin I beieve runs about $25-$30 and the aluminum turbine tube with be between $35-$55. I think his e-mail is [email protected].

If you are building the canopy cockpit version where are you getting your cowl from? I have spoken to Dick in the past about building the canopy for me and I have sent him the drawings for that version as he has done the Tide version of the U-8.

Bill Diedrich

Ventress, LA.

Lotsa good fins out there,Dick Tyndall makes a beauty,Mike Hughes has a good one and Gary Preusse's son David makes them as well. For my money the Tyndall is tops.......Mikey

iam building an open cockpit but i was told r/c sportcraft makes a closed canopy for the pringles. i think the guys name is troy mcintryer

Hi John,

about the turbine tube.........

while i was putting stuff in our recycle bin one day, I spotted some hair spray cans( my daughter is a hair stylist)..........anyhow, Redken brand hair spray, and prob'ly others, come in a tall narrow aluminum can. the ones I found are 2" diameter, about 9" long and pretty rigid even with the ends cut off. being aluminum, they prob'ly polish up nice. I know they make bigger ones too.......

Just a thought,

Bob the Fool :blink:

Back