Tunnel steering servo trouble ?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

riggerman

I installed a Futaba s3305 metal gear servo with the Hangar 9 pull pull wheel and a Dubro 4-40 pull pull cable and hardware and plugged it into my Futaba am radio and noticed both servos glitching like leaves in the wind i did the regular checks connectors switch and rec circuit board for corrosion then un plugged steering servo and glitching stopped so i tried 2 other a m radio systems and the Futaba metal gear servo glitched on both receivers then plugged in regular servo and glitching stopped . What are the chances there is a problem with the steering instalation in itself cables to tight or cables to loose? i also put a dab of white grease on the metal servo spline as the aluminum wheel is a very snug fit . any help would be great.

Just because a servo is new doesn't mean it can't be defective. Do you have two servos y harnessed together for steering/ In the past when I ran am the servos always jumped when I had the ni starter on. If you do have 2 steering servos I have a trick that works good for me. :) Greg Roth

Thanks Greg and Butch for your help to answer Gregs ? im only got 1 steering servo which i switched out for a nylon geared servo the steering system still glitches upon further investigating the radio interference is coming from the steering cables so i have to figure out now how to solve this problem.

Back