tuned pipe length and prop choice

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foolwitools

Hi Guys,

unmodified K&B .82 running 40% with an Andy Brown "84 Muffled" pipe.....

what should my starting pipe length be? and where exactly do I measure.... glow plug pin to largest pipe diameter?

this will be in a 44" glass round nose ( don't know completed weight yet) . I have Octura 1450 thru 1470 props. what should I start with?

Thanks, Bob the Fool :blink:

Hi Guys,
unmodified K&B .82 running 40% with an Andy Brown "84 Muffled" pipe.....

what should my starting pipe length be? and where exactly do I measure.... glow plug pin to largest pipe diameter?

this will be in a 44" glass round nose ( don't know completed weight yet) . I have Octura 1450 thru 1470 props. what should I start with?

Thanks, Bob the Fool :blink:
I guess you have the AB-pipe? not Parobolic? AB pipe 11 3/8 measure from the center of the glow plug to the weld or big bump on pipe. If you have the ab pipe use the largest stinger . 430 i believe. Put a 1460 on it and see how it runs. k/b like rpm so you may want to use a 1457. What hull do you have? and why a 82 motor? Mike

the hull s a 70's Pinkert round nose. it's 30 years old, but only been in the water a few times. I took out the old solid shaft and installed a 1/4"flex and an Octura adjstable strut thru the bottom of the hull.

the pipe is NOT a parabolic... it does say AB on it.... I didn't know the stinger was adjustable. I'll have to measure the outlet.

I'm using an .82 because I just happen to have a new one on hand and a Keeley head that will fit it.... and I don't race, I just run for fun.

the hull s a 70's Pinkert round nose. it's 30 years old, but only been in the water a few times. I took out the old solid shaft and installed a 1/4"flex and an Octura adjstable strut thru the bottom of the hull.
the pipe is NOT a parabolic... it does say AB on it.... I didn't know the stinger was adjustable. I'll have to measure the outlet.

I'm using an .82 because I just happen to have a new one on hand and a Keeley head that will fit it.... and I don't race, I just run for fun.
If it dont have a stinger in it try it without it. should do ok for what your doing

Back