Tuned pipe for OS 21 xm outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Bryant

Hi Guys

I am looking at changing my outboard from a stock muffler to a tuned pipe however i am not sure what pipe and manifold to go for and where to buy them from, any help would be much appreciated.

Steve

The Silver Bullet Pipe is indeed a good pipe on the OS, but brings nothing extra on a stock engine.

They run best with the stock muffler, ask James "Gabe" Clegg.

Rgrds

Marc

Hello, I tried the Silver Bullet Pipe pipe HTB and desire very little if you want better performance work on the propellers, I have good results with x438, x440, also smooth the surfaces of the keel, a good 30% marine fuel. is the way in standard form. To get more power with a pipe must change the times on sleeve.

Thanks for your input guys, i was going to order a pipe this weekend for my OS, in terms of modifying the timing on the sleeve is it easily done? Is there any online resources showing you how to change the timing etc?

Steven

You better ask James "Gabe" Clegg. Don't know if he still tunes engines, but sure he knows it all.

Good luck

Rgrds Marc

i ran this same combo last year (OS,aircooled silver bullet pipe) i was pleased with the performance i have 2 powerheads both are modded by the same person at the same time, one has the pipe the other stock. the piped OS was clearly faster, i think what i liked the most was the reliabality. was fast and still able to slow down for starts without stalling. anyway i placed 3rd over all in hobart in the open tunnel class, and first place in charleston in mod tunnel. with this combo Dan

Latest posts

Back