tuned pipe extention

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TERMINATOR

ok im going to ask a question i cannot seem to answer myself. if i add a length of tubing on the stinger " not going smaller than the diameter actually bigger" i am wanting to do this so my sport 20 can exhaust out the back of the cowl , i use a rear exhaust engine.. cmb valvola redhead and am wondering if it will make a difference like lengthing the pipe or shortning it does at the band..btw this piece looks like it will be about 4-5 inches when on there, i am asking because i do not want to go to the trouble of making a mount and such to do this and find it wont work. i have seen them on the vegas and other scales that exit throught the transom so help me please!!!..lol thanks in advance

terry

Last edited by a moderator:
I am using an extension of about 4" long on a sport-21, inside diameter of extension is 1/2".

Also using 1/2" ID on my sport40

I also do this on my scale's but use a 3/4" ID piece of epoxy tubing, I make myself.

As long as it's LARGER than the stinger, you should see no ill affects.

Terry,

My SSP 21 is set up that way.

I am using the stealth cowl, the pipe runs inside and I have a 5" extension from the stinger to the transom, extension ID is 1/2" or 5/8", definitely bigger than the stinger (3280 pipe).

Dan.

Latest posts

Back