Traxxas Spartan

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Krogness

Boat looks fun if you upgrade to lipo :rolleyes: Just wondering whats being said about them my brother inlaw is looking at them!!!

Thanks, Kevin....

Not much good!

Heat issues, esc's going up in smoke, will not come close to the advertised speed with the stock setup.

Motor is too small and the wrong kv for the boat.

Plus it's made out of the same plastic a toy would be made of.

There are many threads on other forums about the problems, they are well documented now.

Traxxas has been having lots of issues with this boat. There are simple fixes for it. The main problem being the cooling system with the rudder inlet. It needs to be opened up. Not a big problem. But some have bad motors and esc's that seem to be intermittent to catching fire. This being the other main problem.

Ive modified the living day lights out of mine (not much is stock anymore). Now fighting issues with chine walk at speeds over 55mph.

Traxxas has been having lots of issues with this boat. There are simple fixes for it. The main problem being the cooling system with the rudder inlet. It needs to be opened up. Not a big problem. But some have bad motors and esc's that seem to be intermittent to catching fire. This being the other main problem.

Ive modified the living day lights out of mine (not much is stock anymore). Now fighting issues with chine walk at speeds over 55mph.
What is chine walk??? Is that a boat that rocks back and forth from side to side???

yeah i have one, and i am the first to get it over 60mph as far as i no :)

after frying my stock esc well it continued from there with flush mount water pick ups.

a cc1515 2200kv motor and a turingy 180amp esc and Octura X442 prop

img0208.jpg

img0211e.jpg

img0202e.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dTyfi8_agc

Last edited by a moderator:
William,

I have another customer going faster than that, but I have

not inquired about his set up. You may want to see if it will

pull an X-642 and hold on. Very nice job on the set up. If you

cut the tongues off that propeller and pitch it up a little more

you will see the mid 60's.

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

William your vids on youtube were the reason I sparked up this thread!!! That Spartan huals the mail! How is the hull holding up?

Thanks, Kevin....

William your vids on youtube were the reason I sparked up this thread!!! That Spartan huals the mail! How is the hull holding up?

Thanks, Kevin....
the hull is holding up ok but when the esc fried it distorted the bottom and melted the tip of the nose. im waiting on a 220 prop see how that goes.

Latest posts

Back