transporting multiple boats in your vehicle?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big roy

Ok here is another topic I have been giving much thought to, maybe kinda silly but dont flame me too much ok!

Between me and my son we have 6 boats and maybe a few more on the way. I drive a mini van and am trying to come up with some sort of carrier so we can more like stack boats up and get to the races or local pond. Whatever I come up with must be non permananent. Any ideas or how do you guys transport them? pics would be really helpful.

Roy

Hey Roy,

Over on modelgasboats.com there was a great artile on how to make a "rack" for you ride. i actually can carry 6 boats in the back of my Durango. Dave

Cool, thanks I will def be checking that one out, I have a Chrysler Voyager and should have no problem carrying 6 - 8 I would think.

Cool, thanks I will def be checking that one out, I have a Chrysler Voyager and should have no problem carrying 6 - 8 I would think.
Big Roy, You might try Jims rc boat dock also. Remember a post where a member built some pvc stands to stack em 2 high. High explosives? I've always relied on a healthy dose of B.S. to solve personal problems-no jail time so far! :lol: :lol:

i had found a small plastic shelf from wal-mart and shortened it up a bit and mounted it on my pit table that was in my mini van, brought a cordless screwgun with me to the races and it worked really well, used some bungee cords to secure the boats, worked for small nitro boats but ran out of room for the gas boats

I built a boat stacker out of 3/4" pvc tubing, works great, my scale on the bottom, mono 40, then my sport 20 on the top, just put your largest hull on the bottom, and build it up from there!! like pvc boat stand but stacked!! all 3 fit to one side of our TrailBlazer I also use it to store the hull's in the house!!, I will post a pic!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant get a pic to load, I have a new cam, and cant get anything to load, old cam has no problem??, go figure

Waltr uses some of that welded wire shelving from Sam's Club to stack up his boats in his Voyager.

I had a Ford Aerostar that I drove for years. (331,000 miles on the original engine and transmission when I sold it, still running) I put a shelf on the window ledge behind the second row seat, and could carry half a dozen boats, all the tool boxes and support equipment, a canopy, and three or four people. With the price of gas these days, I'm thinking of selling my trailer and buying another one. It just sucks to have to unload everything after a long weekend of racing.

Mike

I have seen those trailer set ups, quite impressive, but I will do with the van and just like my stuff organized and not rolling around like a ball in a rouhlette wheel every time ya make a turn.

I seen a sweet set up at a race don't know the guys name. All his stands were pvc and stacked together I think they all had the props protected too_Or is you thats protected.They were stands with outer frame for stacking.

Here's an interesting one for a varity of hulls:

Picture019.jpg

Latest posts

Back