TO ALL D-14 POINTS RACERS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Brown

Attention All D-14 points racers.

I talked to Bruce Jacobs, D-14 District Director, at the Louisville Wine Run on Saturday he told me that there has been a last minute change to the point’s race schedule. The Sept 18, 19 & 20 Indy-Hobart race will not be the final point’s race for the season. The final points race and award presentation has been moved to the Sept 26-27 Kohlmeyer Classic in Evansville. The points earned at the Indy-Hobart race will still be added to your district point’s total, but since this adds another point’s race so late in the season your total district points will be calculated using your 5 best finishes.

Although the entry deadline for the Kohlmeyer Classic is still over a month away, Sept 22, the earlier you enter the better your chances of getting your primary frequency. An entry form for the Kohlmeyer Classic can be found at www.impba14.org

Since the Kohlmeyer Classic will be the last points race for this season, this will be a good time for all of those involved to discuss next years D-14 points race dates and

set-up, so be thinking about what race dates you want.

For all of you string pullers (AKA: Gas Boats), we will be running 4 gas classes along with the nitro 13 classes at the Kohlmeyer Classic. Judging by the level of competition with the gas boats at last weeks Louisville Wine Run, there should be some good gas boat racing action.

DonB

I hope I can control Chuck when he see's this. Can I add another points race at St. Louis. Heck, were only 4/5ths of the way through, Its plenty of time to add another besides the one you just threw in. What good is it going to do to have a meeting about next years points when you can change it at the drop of a hat. Ken

I think adding a race is a good idea because we plan on going to the fall Evansville race anyway, but making it to where you can drop your worst race is stupid if you ask me. Its best way of erasing my lead you have came up with yet. You need to pick a set of rules for the season and STICK WITH THEM. Just like when my Dad and I suggested finals for sport 40 and you guys said you didnt want to change anything because of points racing, but ohhh when you guys feel like changing rules right before the end of the season, its just fine. I dont agree with this at all, ecspecially since people like My dad, Wes,Phil, and James make time,effort, and money to attend every points race and others do not. That doesnt mean you should all of a sudden make a rule to put them back in the race for the points championships. If they missed a race or did bad then too bad, better luck next time. They dont do this in any other kind of points series I have ever heard of. Try to figure things out at the beggining of the year next time please, because now I am wondering if the best boat really wins.

I like all points races and drop the low ones, makes a tighter race for points. Changing it mid season? Ha, hey Chuck I think I saw Wes up at the winery buying Bruce a case :D No rest for the top dogs.

I like all points races and drop the low ones, makes a tighter race for points. Changing it mid season? Ha, hey Chuck I think I saw Wes up at the winery buying Bruce a case :D No rest for the top dogs.
Phil! I take offence to that! Dont be spreadin those kinds of rumors man That's all wrong. Thats the kind of stuff that gets spread around and gives you a bad rep. You see I only bought Bruce a case so he could LOOSE the points for Louisville, not add another race! ;-)

I dont understand how you can change the rules midstream. I agree with more points races but not this year the season was set and agreed upon and should be followed. It makes it seem that there is something underhanded going on even if there is not. This is a great and active district with great people and we dont need to get a bad reputation. Just my two cents worth

I dont understand how you can change the rules midstream. I agree with more points races but not this year the season was set and agreed upon and should be followed. It makes it seem that there is something underhanded going on even if there is not. This is a great and active district with great people and we dont need to get a bad reputation. Just my two cents worth
Just remember EVANSVILLE DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. This was done by the district director. Also its time for a new series director i tried to give it up last year,this is my last one no matter what happens.

Attention All D-14 points racers.

I talked to Bruce Jacobs, D-14 District Director, at the Louisville Wine Run on Saturday he told me that there has been a last minute change to the point's race schedule. The Sept 18, 19 & 20 Indy-Hobart race will not be the final point's race for the season. The final points race and award presentation has been moved to the Sept 26-27 Kohlmeyer Classic in Evansville. The points earned at the Indy-Hobart race will still be added to your district point's total, but since this adds another point's race so late in the season your total district points will be calculated using your 5 best finishes.

Although the entry deadline for the Kohlmeyer Classic is still over a month away, Sept 22, the earlier you enter the better your chances of getting your primary frequency. An entry form for the Kohlmeyer Classic can be found at www.impba14.org

Since the Kohlmeyer Classic will be the last points race for this season, this will be a good time for all of those involved to discuss next years D-14 points race dates and

set-up, so be thinking about what race dates you want.

For all of you string pullers (AKA: Gas Boats), we will be running 4 gas classes along with the nitro 13 classes at the Kohlmeyer Classic. Judging by the level of competition with the gas boats at last weeks Louisville Wine Run, there should be some good gas boat racing action.

DonB
OK, TIME OUT, I mentioned to Don that Mike were talking about what to do, but I am in the middle of something right now and will have to return to this later tonight, but NOTHING HAS BEEN ETCHED IN STONE, just talking about what to do.

OK, here's the deal. I had a meeting at the last race of last year with all 5 clubs to attempt to settle the never ending list of complaints about the series races and how they were ran. I had been perfectly content with how Mike had been running them in the past, but agreed to take on the job to see if it made any difference. We all agreed to have only 5 races due to the economy being in the tank, and each club getting a race. Sounded good then. However as the winter progressed and I was looking at what we could do to pull off the race in Hobart and one thing lead to another and the Indy Masters ended up moving to the North, and to try to cover my butt with all the money at stake, I put the early cutoff date in to see if we could even cover the amount I promised them would attend if they put up the cash. The next thing I see after the Atlanta race is we have more entries than I had room for, and more sponsors coming in than I've seen since the last Indy Unlimited, seemed like a great thing to me.

Now enter the people in My D-14 area that are furious that I backdoored them and they got shut out of our own series points race due to not getting their entry in on time. So now I look at what pile of crap I am standing in and figure I will just add extra heats in the series classes to allow all D-14 to be able to get in and not be left out. I got a few entries from D-14, but not enough to fill the heats I added, so I begged and bugged folks till I got all the heats full. Again seems like I'm on it, except now to get all the rounds in I see racing till dark all 3 days and people leaving very late Sunday nite. Not what I had in mind. So I had to cut back to 4 rounds.

Then I realize I have the last race of the series as I did not realize E-ville had picked an earlier race for their points race, as it has always ended at E-ville, so I had not planned on this, So back on the phone to Mikey and beg him to take the series back over as I can't get the Web site figured out and I just don't have the time I thought I had to deal with the points and all. Mike and I discussed moving the last race to E-ville and having the awards for series at that race instead of a quick here's your trophy for the series win bam, we gotta go. We discussed having 6 races and being able to throw 1 out to make up for the guys that could'nt make the trip to a site they had'nt planned on, but Mikey and I just never got back together to work out the details.

So here's the way I see it now that I have now pissed off even more people. I went to alot of trouble to add the heats to make room for those to race the series at Hobart, and since I never really got the word out to the clubs about what I wanted to do to help the series, I will state that the 5 race package we all agreed on is now as it was, the last race will be at the Masters in Hobart and if you did'nt get in I'm sorry, but I have tried to put on a good show at the Masters since I got drafted to run it, and based on last years turnout I think we are on the right track, I have bent over backwards and truly upset my family and some friends to get this show in Hobart to be the biggest race of the century not to be matched for a long time and get everybody in all the classes they wanted, but in the end it seems it wasn't worth it. The series trophies will be delt with after the masters trophies are passed out and all the points are tallied. I hope the 3 or 4 other clubs that run in the series have some one and a plan in mind for how the series will be ran next year, as I assure you I and probably Mikey will not be involved with it again. I love racing boats, but all the politics and upset people really make me wonder if it's really worth it.

OK, here's the deal. I had a meeting at the last race of last year with all 5 clubs to attempt to settle the never ending list of complaints about the series races and how they were ran. I had been perfectly content with how Mike had been running them in the past, but agreed to take on the job to see if it made any difference. We all agreed to have only 5 races due to the economy being in the tank, and each club getting a race. Sounded good then. However as the winter progressed and I was looking at what we could do to pull off the race in Hobart and one thing lead to another and the Indy Masters ended up moving to the North, and to try to cover my butt with all the money at stake, I put the early cutoff date in to see if we could even cover the amount I promised them would attend if they put up the cash. The next thing I see after the Atlanta race is we have more entries than I had room for, and more sponsors coming in than I've seen since the last Indy Unlimited, seemed like a great thing to me.

Now enter the people in My D-14 area that are furious that I backdoored them and they got shut out of our own series points race due to not getting their entry in on time. So now I look at what pile of crap I am standing in and figure I will just add extra heats in the series classes to allow all D-14 to be able to get in and not be left out. I got a few entries from D-14, but not enough to fill the heats I added, so I begged and bugged folks till I got all the heats full. Again seems like I'm on it, except now to get all the rounds in I see racing till dark all 3 days and people leaving very late Sunday nite. Not what I had in mind. So I had to cut back to 4 rounds.

Then I realize I have the last race of the series as I did not realize E-ville had picked an earlier race for their points race, as it has always ended at E-ville, so I had not planned on this, So back on the phone to Mikey and beg him to take the series back over as I can't get the Web site figured out and I just don't have the time I thought I had to deal with the points and all. Mike and I discussed moving the last race to E-ville and having the awards for series at that race instead of a quick here's your trophy for the series win bam, we gotta go. We discussed having 6 races and being able to throw 1 out to make up for the guys that could'nt make the trip to a site they had'nt planned on, but Mikey and I just never got back together to work out the details.

So here's the way I see it now that I have now pissed off even more people. I went to alot of trouble to add the heats to make room for those to race the series at Hobart, and since I never really got the word out to the clubs about what I wanted to do to help the series, I will state that the 5 race package we all agreed on is now as it was, the last race will be at the Masters in Hobart and if you did'nt get in I'm sorry, but I have tried to put on a good show at the Masters since I got drafted to run it, and based on last years turnout I think we are on the right track, I have bent over backwards and truly upset my family and some friends to get this show in Hobart to be the biggest race of the century not to be matched for a long time and get everybody in all the classes they wanted, but in the end it seems it wasn't worth it. The series trophies will be delt with after the masters trophies are passed out and all the points are tallied. I hope the 3 or 4 other clubs that run in the series have some one and a plan in mind for how the series will be ran next year, as I assure you I and probably Mikey will not be involved with it again. I love racing boats, but all the politics and upset people really make me wonder if it's really worth it.
THANKS for all you do, someone should have told you it was a thankless job. I will handle the Series trophies after the Masters race and take care of that end of it. cya in a couple weeks,as i said before if i can help in Hobart let me know Mike

Im not griping, you guys do a great job, last point race is fine at Hobart, you could give the district trophies out at Evansville after the final points are totaled. Im sure you will be worn out after the Masters this year.

PHIL

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a better idea. First, I talked to Bruce last night and really, this board cant show how much this is stressing him. For that, I am sorry and at this point wish I would have kept my big mouth shut. My friends are important to me, and I dont like to see them stressed or upset due to me or any other boater. SO, since I figure everyone has read this far, I will continue. Lets not points race at Hobart. Lets make the last points race of the season at Evansville just like it always has been. There, no more I missed my points race. No more saying I dont want to throw a race away. Here is what I think. You should have some of the top boats of the country coming to Hobart. Do you want to be Conservative and get points? Or do you want to race for the win? Personally, I am going for the win like the race was intended to be done. Bruce set up this race to see the best go against the best. So the last thing on my mind will be the points of the series. So, thank you for being so concerned Bruce, you are right, politics suck. Personally, you can do it any way you want, But I will tell you this, Chuck and I are not going to lose at Hobart points racing, If we get beat it will be because we got beat. WERE COMING TO HOBART TO RACE JUST LIKE "PINKS" ALL OUT!!!!!!!!!!! OH, and Wes, your coming with us, even if I have to drag you. OH,There is one more thing. Just so all you guys know, Bruce is not racing a boat at all in this race. SO, I would like two volunteers to pit, and I mean pit!! Bruces boats, right down to the clean up. This should put Bruce in 40 hydro, and F Hydro. Personally, If I were you guys and wanted to claim to have beaten the best of the best at Hobart. I would want to have claimed to Kicked Bruce's aaaaasss..well behind..TOO. I will clean and strip his hydro's, I am off Monday anyway, so no biggie for me when I leave. Bruce doesn't know I am doing this. SO WE WILL HAVE TO FORCE THE ENTRY. Who is with me? Ken

I do understand you guys do alot, I never said in my comment that the people who ran the series didnt do a good job. I just wont say anything anymore about the series. Next year I dont think I even want to make all the series races anyway, then You wont have anyone complaining.

I am not saying anyone thus far has complained about the way the series has gone, however last year is a different story and now the past. It will not matter who runs the series, someone will not be happy. It is not fair to try to make a change to the series this far into it, Mike and I started talking about it before the first race, just didn't get a chance to get it to the other clubs. I think allmost all the people that are running the series are entered in the Hobart race, and as it is on the main score sheet that Mikey has kept up to date, it shows that as the last race, so we will keep it that way. I like the idea of using the E-ville race as an awards race to ensure those who make the top 3 are given the awards in a better arena than a last minute no big deal manner. We will just have to see what time we get done on Sunday. I have tried to race for points, but once the clock strobes I just want to win, as my scores usually show, 2 400's and 2 25's, but at the Hobart race we will all be there to show each other what we have and in the end the points will be what they are. I appreaciate Ken's offer to pit my boats, but I am hoping to get the twin running for the unlimited class and Kyle will be running her 2 classes. Other than that I have learned that it is too difficult to host a race and race in it also, so I do my racing at other places and concentrate on putting on a good race for those who come to ours.

I think we need to plan the next years series starting at the Hobart race and finalize the plan at the E-ville race, or if that dosen't work we need to find a spot to meet and work it out. We went from 1 plan of alot of races to a plan of the minimum of 1 per club, and both have issues. I believe we have had record attendance at all the club races this year, so maybe 5 is a good number, but I like to race more than 5 times a year so we need to figure a way to get people back to a site other than for a series race. Besides prizes, food seems to be a common factor, so maybe we can see who can host the best series race, then who can have the best attended race for food. In the end we need food and information, so lets work on these thoughts for next years series and see where it goes. The count as of now with a few heats to top off we have 273 boats and 46 heats per round.

I know I have kind of fallen of the face of the earth in last few months nor am I in any of the points series but I think everyone is missing the big picture here and that is we are all in this to have fun!!!!!! We should all be thankful for the people that step up and take the responsibility to manage this point series and all of the races. Kudos to Bruce and Mike and all the other people that spend endless hours of there free time to put things together for us to have fun....Great job guys!!!!!! And remember to just have fun with it!!!!!

2 things here as scott said

first

BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE A GOOD SERIES OF RACES. ( my dist 6 ) and no fault to anyone is mainly gas.

2. bruce i can pit for you, set up your boats for you. i just can't launch a boat with my leg and back situation.

i will do what i can for ya. all i ask for in return is that you don't give me a heart attack on the stand when i am helping LOL!!!!

chris

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things here as scott said

first

BE THANKFUL YOU HAVE A GOOD SERIES OF RACES. ( my dist 6 ) and no fault to anyone is mainly gas.

2. bruce i can pit for you, set up your boats for you. i just can't launch a boat with my leg and back situation.

i will do what i can for ya. all i ask for in return is that you don't give me a heart attack on the stand when i am helping LOL!!!!

chris
My entry fee covers the use of the entire lake and I sometimes want to get my moneies worth and visit areas not exactly near the course line, but for the most part I know where the boat is.

I am curious as to who is actually in the RTR point series races for this year. I have been told by a couple people whom are listed that they arent even running for points this year but yet their name is listed. ???????? That makes it a little confusing for the people whom are running. SayMikey, your talleying points, could you please shed some light on this???

I finally got the two new High Point traveling trophies done. A special thanks goes out to the two people that donated the hardware that is on the top.

Don Brown

Back