Time to run some twins

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Julian,

Not sure of the exact issue you had with the Eagle Tree Systems GPS. Food for thought is I found the only way I could make it work was to limit the voltage it sees to no more than 6.0 VDC. If the battery pack was over 6.0V, the unit would either not work or give odd readings. To limit the voltage, I use a voltage regulator from MIP systems.

Mike
mike I have a hump pack thats 6.0v that should fix it or do I still needs the voltage regulator ?? The life batter I had was 6.6v

Last edited by a moderator:
It was not that bad just a small spot on the ex. sleeve pulled right out at the pond it is savable. The eng was in break in and not reved up bubbling rich. The other eng is perfect. both had the same fit.

The twin .45 has the same pistons with the same fit and no problem.

Just don't get it only in a twin with a 1.01.

Others have had the same results.

Julian,

The 6.0V battery should help the GPS - at least that was my experience with it on my boats. Also make sure the unit is facing up as indicated on the unit.

What version of logger are you using out of curiosity?

I have used the Eagle Tree loggers for many years on several boats plus RC drag cars. Great tool once you start using it regularly. I did not like the Eagle Tree software's graph display so I use an Excel spreadsheet to graph it out instead. I use their software to download the run but then save if as a .cvs file to be read by Excel. This allows for more customized control. Can provide more details/examples if interested.

Let me know if have questions.

Mike

Julian,

The 6.0V battery should help the GPS - at least that was my experience with it on my boats. Also make sure the unit is facing up as indicated on the unit.

I have used the Eagle Tree loggers for many years on several boats plus RC drag cars. Great tool once you start using it regularly. I did not like the Eagle Tree software's graph display so I use an Excel spreadsheet to graph it out instead. I use their software to download the run but then save if as a .cvs file to be read by Excel. This allows for more customized control. Can provide more details/examples if interested.

Mike
Yeah send me a pm with more details. Im just beginning to use this system. Im using the flight data recoder Ill take a pic and send it to you after work

OK I figured out what to put in the fuel to keep them from growing.
24296653_302731056888525_2452726036561713196_n.jpg

Julian,

Mike
Yeah send me a pm with more details. Im just beginning to use this system. Im using the flight data recoder Ill take a pic and send it to you after work

Have a futaba tele. 4pls . trying to get it to work consistently on a AB twin 80s setup. Using two sensors & switching back and forth using servo and switch set up . It will work at home excellent, on the water it will stop after a minute or less. Have it on a single rigger

works and stops when it feels like it. wondering if the new futaba ($600. is any better. Or is the eagle tree the ticket.

Sorry to bust in on the thread. appreciate some help if possible ( A friend of Mike C.)

Have a futaba tele. 4pls . trying to get it to work consistently on a AB twin 80s setup. Using two sensors & switching back and forth using servo and switch set up . It will work at home excellent, on the water it will stop after a minute or less. Have it on a single rigger

works and stops when it feels like it. wondering if the new futaba ($600. is any better. Or is the eagle tree the ticket.

Sorry to bust in on the thread. appreciate some help if possible ( A friend of Mike C.)
I prefer to keep it separate from the radio system. I like the eagle tree as I can see everything on my pc after a run and I'm familiar with the system as well. nothing wrong with the futaba but its cheaper to use the eagle tree than to upgrade my radio gear.

With the eagle tree are you getting both engine rpms on the screen and separated on the log data??

Yes you can see both engs on the same screen and move a courser down the graph to check the RPM"s on both eng"s at the exact same moment in time.

The MPH and head temps will also show on the same graft.

Yes you can see both engs on the same screen and move a courser down the graph to check the RPM"s on both eng"s at the exact same moment in time.

The MPH and head temps will also show on the same graft.
It sound like its on your lap top after the run. I talking on your transmitter screen or a readout screen for eagle tree while running.

I have a futaba 4PLS with tele. and get one reading . On my twin I have a switch and servo to go sensor 1 or 2 while im running,

Rich b.

Back