THUNDERBOAT RULES FOR THE NAMBA 2009 WINTERNATS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captwalter

To avoid any confusion regarding Thunderboat Rules for the upcoming NAMBA Winternats please refer to the NAMBA District 3 website at: www.namba.net

I would like to highlight the following:

1. Stock Zenoah engine only. The 1st place finisher will be torn down.

2. Paint schemes must be in the spirit of Thunderboats with sponsor ID's and U numbers.

3. Must have a scale driver with helmet. Also a realistic driver cockpit is recommended. (steering wheel, gauges, etc.)

4. Must run a full cowling. No exceptions.

5. Every boat will be inspected externally before racing begins.

If there are any questions please ask them on this site so that everyone may take advantage of the question and reply. Thanks, Looking forward to a great Thunderboat Race. Brian Watts has informed me that there are already 19 Thunderboats registered. WOW!

Perry P. Walter, NAMBA District 3

Thunderboat Chairman

When you say

"4. Must run a full cowling. No exceptions."

Are you excluding the use of "dummy" engines?

"1. Stock Zenoah engine only. The 1st place finisher will be torn down."

Who is going to pay for the gaskets to put an engine back together

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding my post above please delete: "The first place boat will be torn down."

The NAMBA rule regarding engine protests will be used.

Namba rules will be used regarding cowlings. I mentioned it in my post above to ensure that everyone running in Thunderboat has a false engine or cowling and that the drivers cockpit cowling must be on. At some the races this year the drivers cowling has been left off to better cool the engine and pipe. This will not be allowed under the new NAMBA rules starting 01/01/2009.

Rick: To answer your question, if your engine is torn down you must pay for the new gasket. You receive money from the protest if you are found legal which is more then enough to put the engine back together. When I was torn down at the Brandon race, Dave Miller of MRD was the Inspector. After the inspection he was kind enough to put my engine back together for me. It did not require any new gaskets as they were not damaged during disassembly.

Perry P Walter, NAMBA District 3

Thunderboat Chairman

When you say"4. Must run a full cowling. No exceptions."

Rick
Dude if you cant afford to put new gaskets in your own motor, you shouldnt be racing. Im just sayin...

Rick
Dude if you cant afford to put new gaskets in your own motor, you shouldnt be racing. Im just sayin...
Dude, you need to keep your comments to yourslf. I'm just sayin....

Rick
did you see his list of boats he has?

i dont think buying a gasket is a issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
did you see his list of boats he has?

i dont think buying a gasket is a issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank ya very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry if I offended, but what im saying is we spend thousands of dollors on these boats. The cost of a couple gaskets IF needed is pretty small potatoes. And thunderboats are supposed to be stock motors. I think they sould be tore down at big races, not just the threat of a tear down. I was expecting to be torn down in Vegas, and I brought a set of gaskets for that reason.

Regarding my post above please delete: "The first place boat will be torn down."The NAMBA rule regarding engine protests will be used.

Namba rules will be used regarding cowlings. I mentioned it in my post above to ensure that everyone running in Thunderboat has a false engine or cowling and that the drivers cockpit cowling must be on. At some the races this year the drivers cowling has been left off to better cool the engine and pipe. This will not be allowed under the new NAMBA rules starting 01/01/2009.

Rick: To answer your question, if your engine is torn down you must pay for the new gasket. You receive money from the protest if you are found legal which is more then enough to put the engine back together. When I was torn down at the Brandon race, Dave Miller of MRD was the Inspector. After the inspection he was kind enough to put my engine back together for me. It did not require any new gaskets as they were not damaged during disassembly.

Perry P Walter, NAMBA District 3

Thunderboat Chairman
Thanks for the clarification on the cowls

1. Stock Zenoah engine only. The 1st place finisher will be torn down."Who is going to pay for the gaskets to put an engine back together

Rick

Getting a little ahead of yourself there eh Rick -???? :rolleyes:

No worry's Perry,

IF

he win's T-Boat. I will pay for his gaskets ;)

Mr. Space Shuttle :p

To the moon Alice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
We've come up with a solution to the Thunderboats that don't meet NAMBA rules.

Let me help in defining something. This topic is getting way off base. Let all come and have some fun with lots of Thunderboats and enjoy some extreme competition!

A little background is in order. Last year at the 2008 Winter Nats because there were no NAMBA rules in effect at that time we allowed all of them to run. This included the Zipp Kits. Now that there are now current NAMBA rules in place which effects our High Points in District III with this being the 1st race of the 2009 season its creates a real problem. This being the Zipp Kit. We want all of you to come and enjoy and have fun racing. With that said, here is what we are going to do:

1. All the legal NAMBA boats will be grouped together and a additional group will be formed made up of Zipp Kits etc

2. Both groups will run 4 rounds of racing with awards presented

3. Shoot-Out will run made up of the top qualifiers from both groups.

4. Grand Champion will be awarded to winner.

We will have something special for this award which I'm working on and will announce in the coming days.

Bare with us at this point, this is something that was just imposed on us held at the last district meeting a few weeks ago.

We promise that we want all of you to come and enjoy. I'm not getting into all the difference between NAMBA / IMPBA in this class, U numbers, GP, and all the other classifications. We can overcome that easily.

Any questions, call me 407-913-0590

Brian

CD/ Orlando Culvert Dodgers

Back