thunder tiger

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve palgreene

I have a thunder tiger motor the question I have is how come it pick up speed going through the corner but then when it goes down the straight away it slow down till you go through the next corner then pick up speed again . Any suggetions or ideals on way it does it .

Two things I would play around with is your needle settings, go back to 3.5 turns out for a rich setting and retune, the TT seems to like a richer setting to be able make the power. Next I would be raising your motor because when your cornering the nose is setting down which is unloading the prop which means in the straights its got to much load.

I put the motor on a lee craft boat the thunder tiger hull would work sometimes but not enough then the boat would hook in the corner but i try a different prop had a 220 on now i put the 215 on it that's what came with the motor did make. Different more rpm run faster .

Dig the head shim out, use a hot plug like an MC59 or K&B 1L, put an Octura X637 on it, re-adjust the water pickup angle so that the angle is less close to vertical.

Also confirm the throttle operation so that the carb stays wide open regardless of steering position.

Those little things all add up.

Latest posts

Back