Thinning K&B Epoxy Paint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe_Knesek

Is there anything I can buy localy that will allow me to thin K&B paint? Also what is the correct ratio?

Is there anything I can buy localy that will allow me to thin K&B paint? Also what is the correct ratio?
Joe, you can use PPG DT870 reducer. I used it a few years ago to thin K&B super epoxy. I also used PPG DCH2084 for the activator for the K&B super epoxy. I had no problems. I dont remember the mixing ratio, for thinning. What i would do, is mix the reducer two parts paint, and one part reducer, and test it. You can thin more if needed. That paint is thick, so you may need more reducer, depending on your spray gun. Richard D

Joe, Locally a high grade lacquer thinner will work. Ratio I'd start at 1 to 1 to 1/2, test on something. May have to go as much as 1 to 1 to 1. Ray Also let part a & b sit mixed 30 min before adding reducer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe, Locally a high grade lacquer thinner will work. Ratio I'd start at 1 to 1 to 1/2, test on something. May have to go as much as 1 to 1 to 1. Ray Also let part a & b sit mixed 30 min before adding reducer.
Thanks Ray. I decided to use PPG paint instead fo the K&B.

Latest posts

Back