The Wall

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys

I would suggest as a minimum if you measure the distance between the inner edges of your sponsons that is the distance that the prop should be behind the transom. This would form an equilateral triangle which should be ralativel stable in each direction. The other way to think of it is how easily/quickly does the AOA change over a short distance v a long distance.

Experiment 1 take a long triangle (rigger) and lift the front corner 1/2 inch. measure the angle of the surface relative to the table.

Experiment 2 take a short triangle (tunnel) and lift the front corner 1/2 inch. measure the angle of the surface relative to the table.

Only other point make the front of the long triangle 50% wider than the short (equilateral) one, and make the distance from that edge to the rear point twice as far. Notice anything?

Is it a handling thing at 60 or are you just topping out at 60????

Extreme rpms might be called for :p :D :) :p

Only drawback I can think of in placing the outboard further from the transom is the leverage when you feed in rudder, Check the servo throw and dial back the steering rate adj, cause a over correction at speed will result in a barrel roll, or cartwheel if tha sponson bites,

Dont ask how I know :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gene :D

Last edited by a moderator:
TimD said:
Is it a handling thing at 60 or are you just topping out at 60????Extreme rpms might be called for  :p   :D   :)   :p

73433[/snapback]

Timbo, for me just past 60 the hull is VERY touchy and tops out speed wise,

Me LIKEM RPM's :p

Hey Jerry, I heard somewhere that Lohring has a good one for sale :lol: :p

Dang Tim good one!!! I really dont know......... have ta go look,

O/B Hydro SAW

IMPBA 65.789

NAMBA 62.85

APBA Still looking hang on.......

"Lohring Has A Good One " :lol: :lol: I've Beat him 4 times in one day with a

Thunder Tiger! With a hull that he made. Now I have a 30in WOFFY,,I'm goin'

For 59!

Might have to ask some forum members on that one,

Only one listed was the NAMBA record, Octura 1745/3

Hmmmmmmm....A three blade Eh? ;)

I had the NAMBA Record at 62.01 using a H-7. The current record was set with the sister boat to mine using my powerhead and pipe with my 1745/3 heat racing prop.

Hi Chris,

I was hopeing you would jump in here :D

Whats the Amigo's been up to ?

For the Techno Dudes,

Specs for the 1745/3 are 1.77" X 3.009" bag stock

Slideblues said:
Hi Chris,I was hopeing you would jump in here  :D

Whats the Amigo's been up to ?

For the Techno Dudes,

Specs for the 1745/3 are 1.77" X  3.009" bag stock

73493[/snapback]

Things have been quite busy on my side. The Saturday after Thankgiving I'm out of Southern California and moving to Orlando. I will, though, be back here for races in the LA area and record events. The Amigos will, then, effectively be multi coast/multi district. Who knows, may be I can get the guys to come out for a race.

The Amigos have been focusing on straighlines of late. We have new hydros that will be running at the event the weekend after Thanksgiving and we have also been working on the .45 Mod Tunnel. A few very small changes there to try, then some wholesale changes to try on Day 2.

Did you see where Mark Grim grabbed the radio and set the S Hydro electric record last weekend? I'll tell you what, Mark and Chris Grim work very hard to put these records events on for Nitro and Electric and that contribution should not be overlooked.

Still have not done anything on the .21 Mod Tunnel side yet. Still have ideas, just have not had the time to execute on them. Once I get this move out of the way we will start to work on those as well.

I would say that there is more there with the .21 OB Hydro. Everything on there is mostly stock with the exception of the head. We just haven't worked on that since it didn't take much to eclipse the prior record.

Wow!!!! Another one moving to Orlando, Jack Garcia just moved there too, I think Ron Byrd is pay'n you guys to come race :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sounds like you guys have been busy, Tell ya what man the 21 mod tunnel thang has me buffaloed.......60 and poof :blink:

Thinking might apply some hydro tech on tha pup and see what happins, But I am doin some NICE cartwheels in tha mean time :D

Gene ;)

dont you guys design the center sections to create lift? how about flipping that airfoil over and creating a center section that produces downforce?

just an idea???

Well at this point Im about ready to bolt the outboard to the other end and see what happins :lol: :p

To kinda boil it down it MUST be something simple that we are overlooking or too hard headed to try ;)

Time will tell and with a great group of dudes like we got here Im sure one will BURY some records before too long,

Now gonna go CA fingers to head and chant.................

MUHA MUHA!!!!

Gener :D

I'm not so sure that the "Wall" is the hull. We've managed to get the .45 boats (different boats) to the point where it appears that the speed we achieve is reaching or surpassing the capabilities of the hull itself (falling off the tunnel air pipe). Obviously, HP/Prop is how we've gotten where we are. Just as with any race engine, the balance between the application of HP and Torque is essential. Look at the griping that happened last year with IRL engines. More top HP, really bad on the Torque application. Taking that IRL engine to road courses next year is percieved as a risk because that lack of torque kills the lap time and pretty much makes the car slower around a road course than, say, a Toyota Atlantic or Trans Am car.

Back