The state of B Mod Tunnel.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got some tunnels and would love to race them but a 3 day event is just to much financially for me..Accommodations and travel expenses can be a lot for a me as a single income breadwinner. I could swing a 1 day event occasionally.
Hi Chris,

There are several people in your position. Fortunately the RC boating community is pretty tight knit. Although we don't always agree on everything, guys are always there when someone needs help. Best thing to do is post on the race thread under the race your interested in going to and ask if someone would want to split a room with you to help keep expenses down. We all understand your financial situation.

I signed up for the double points race in Dist 3 tonight. I was a little surprised to see only two B mod tunnels signed up. Where are the tunnel guys hiding? I do realize the K&B lowers are fairly tough to find but there are other choices out there. K&B told me a year ago they would be releasing the 7.5 lower soon. Is the availability of lowers the main reason less guys are running this class?
Hello Jeff, as we all know Florida used to be a hotbed of Tunnel heads and I am proud to say I am one myself! The sad reality is that in Florida alone we have lost so many Tunnel racers over the years it has hurt the classes both 20 and 40 Mod and even Stock. I can count 12 people at least who either passed away or just went away completely and then 9 others who are still dabbling in RC Boats but do not support the races like they used to. Thats 21 people and I am sure I am missing some. Most of those 21 all ran both 20 and 40 a few ran stock. When you loose that many people it takes everyone that is left to make the classes happen and by happen I dont mean 3 boats. I like to see 12 boats or more myself. I hope all of us Tunnel Heads can come together and keep these classes alive and well here in Florida because Tunnels are one of the most challenging classes in the hobby and I love a challenge!!

See you at the pond in a few weeks and Long Live Tunnels!!

For the FL group there is a desire to run, and the WCRA (West Coast Racing Assn.) kept a strong interest in all classes. I have had fun the last 18 months, just still being able to feel the sun on my face. Haven't found a toe tag on myself yet.

Last race attended was BMB twin rigger shootout.March 2016. Full classes. Did I race? Entered two boats, but spent my time either as pitboss or CD.

When you can't work on stuff to enjoy the race, I gave up and scratched after round one.The four rounds got completed, I did all my body would let me....

And when eight months go by, with no group putting on a race to keep the fire lit, and we asked if HSC (Herb Stewart Challenge) was a option, it fell apart.

2015 HSC was squashed. My club didn't step up in my absence.

2014 HSC was 105 boats. We pushed everyone to come play.

Kris and Brad made a long trip and it was awesome.

But my right hand man wasn't able to push me.

2016 was squashed for reasons unknown to me.

So here is my challenge.

Mic, Jay, Jeff , Andy Smith.

Shawn and Rich.

Byrd, Otto,

Drew....

We need to figure it out before the year is out.

In my conversation with Gene Duncan it needs a rethink.

I can't do it by myself, but you have my help, as you always have had.

United we stand.

Who's in......

Premo

I still would like to see the Herb Stewart race yes i will be there along with some from South Florida and help all we can

Im done no matter how you spin it - money to race is my issue- not to mention the baggage I carry ( all my fault right John ? )

f-em . Gonna fly my rockets at a club my efforts are appreciated at , instead of being **** on by the ones that are incapable of letting the past go / once tagged - always tagged..
default_happy.png

Enjoy boys and girls....................

Got some nice boats FOR SALE - just inquire.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the FL group there is a desire to run, and the WCRA (West Coast Racing Assn.) kept a strong interest in all classes. I have had fun the last 18 months, just still being able to feel the sun on my face. Haven't found a toe tag on myself yet.

Last race attended was BMB twin rigger shootout.March 2016. Full classes. Did I race? Entered two boats, but spent my time either as pitboss or CD.

When you can't work on stuff to enjoy the race, I gave up and scratched after round one.The four rounds got completed, I did all my body would let me....

And when eight months go by, with no group putting on a race to keep the fire lit, and we asked if HSC (Herb Stewart Challenge) was a option, it fell apart.

So here is my challenge.

Shawn and Rich.

Byrd, Otto,

Drew....

United we stand.

Who's in......

Premo
Thats you guys little circle- maintain it on your own and have fun- I has never a part of that CLICK anyway so ....................

So here is my challenge.

Shawn and Rich.

Byrd, Otto,

Drew....

United we stand.

Who's in......

Premo
You can always count on myself and Mic.

Im done no matter how you spin it - money to race is my issue- not to mention the baggage I carry ( all my fault right John ? )

f-em . Gonna fly my rockets at a club my efforts are appreciated at , instead of being **** on by the ones that are incapable of letting the past go / once tagged - always tagged..
default_happy.png

How many classes do you want to run at the end of this month in Dover?

default_happy.png

Jeff , honestly - I dont feel I want to step foot at Dover for some time.

default_happy.png

Jeff , honestly - I dont feel I want to step foot at Dover for some time , just my feelings right now- sad isnt it..........
I am not up to speed on what occurred but I will help you with your entry fee.

Jeff, your offer is APPRECIATED my friend
default_cool.png
- but for now Im done.

Randy and I talked today - he is up to speed, let him fill you in if you want the TRUTH, some of the others cant seem to get that
default_sleep.png

Me personally like a 3 day [2 1/2] event, because people always want to leave early on Sunday , which would make a 2 day event a 1 1/2 day,for me spending what we spend to come racing isn't worth it. I know some of you will say well don't go,but if you took me and my team out of tunnels it would cut the numbers down buy 20 to 30 boats at the WTC that would hurt .

I love racing tunnels.

default_cool.png
- but for now Im done.

Randy and I talked today - he is up to speed, let him fill you in if you want the TRUTH, some of the other cant seem to get that
default_sleep.png
LOL I bet it would be appreciated, I helped you out just this year getting you paid up for NAMBA for the Winter Nitro Champs and you come back with some BS slamming me on another thread. How soon we forget those who try to help you!!

default_cool.png
- but for now Im done.

Randy and I talked today - he is up to speed, let him fill you in if you want the TRUTH, some of the other cant seem to get that
default_sleep.png
LOL I bet it would be appreciated, I helped you out just this year getting you paid up for NAMBA for the Winter Nitro Champs and you come back with some BS slamming me on another thread. How soon we forget those who try to help you!!
AND there you have it - thanks for clarifying it Ron .
default_sleep.png

Douchebag , Oh wait- I lived in the f-ckg recovery boat, but no one gave a crap about that .How many thanks did I get after 20 hrs and two days ???

Never again. You stole Bills stuff- and that will always be my stance - like it or not.

Do you want your 10 bucks back for the one day entry you covered Ron ?? I charge 20 bucks and hr to run recovery from here on out , So - your down ??? bucks - f you .

THIS IS WHY ladies and gentlemen D-3 is fucked up in regards to a particular clubs and attendance- reality people .

I personally have better sh-t to do in life than stress over comments and people's opinion about me here- I made my bed and I will sleep in in comfortably turning my back on those that **** on me and consider themselves friends or antiquates or a vendor making a buck and slamming you behind your back.

default_cool.png
- but for now Im done.

default_sleep.png
default_sleep.png

Douchebag , Oh wait- I lived in the f-ckg recovery boat, but no one gave a crap about that .How many thanks did I get after 20 hrs and two days ???

Never again. You stole Bills stuff- and that will always be my stance - like it or not.

Do you want your 10 bucks back for the one day entry you covered Ron ?? I charge 20 bucks and hr to run recovery from here on out , So - your down ??? bucks - f you .

THIS IS WHY ladies and gentlemen D-3 is fucked up in regards to a particular clubs and attendance- reality people .

I personally have better sh-t to do in life than stress over comments and people's opinion about me here- I made my bed and I will sleep in in comfortably turning my back on those that **** on me and consider themselves friends or antiquates or a vendor making a buck and slamming you behind your back.
I think some one needs to wise up and quit blaming the world for the problems they have brought on themselves!! I have never said one bad thing about you until the above and you turn around and say this kinda of crap to me. Friends dont stay friends long if you stab them in the back!!!

PS you never picked up any of my boats they all came back under power and the price of picking up boats is included in the entry fee.........

Back to Tunnels Please!!

I guess my vacation hasn't been long enough.

It's not mine to stir or repair. Or comment on personal feelings.

Drew and myself worked hard to create a fun format to foster the Tunnel desires that were from STRA, but sometimes things dont stay the course.

My silence is my sanity.

Right now Herb and Gary are pissed at what has become of all this back n forth.

We have a long road ahead. But it has to change to work.

Divided we surely have fallen from all that has been.

This is exactly what my cardiologist said to stay away from.

drama.

Time to get my level 1 and relax...

default_cool.png
- but for now Im done.

default_sleep.png
default_sleep.png

I think some one needs to wise up and quit blaming the world for the problems they have brought on themselves!! I have never said one bad thing about you until the above and you turn around and say this kinda of crap to me. Friends dont stay friends long if you stab them in the back!!!

PS you never picked up any of my boats they all came back under power and the price of picking up boats is included in the entry fee.........

Back to Tunnels Please!!
Your memory is pretty short- or just selective as to what you choose to believe and read -

'I think some one needs to wise up and quit blaming the world for the problems they have brought on themselves!! ' -

I made my bed and I will sleep in in comfortably turning my back on those that **** on me -

You did read that right Ron ?

'PS you never picked up any of my boats they all came back under power'

Hmmm, again your wrong or just a liar-

. From RC Racing Events- that program that is NOTHING like yours right ???

10, Byrd, Ron 25 25 50 12, Byrd, Ron 0 300 0 300

Dont worry about my friendships, I wont ever be back, thanks for solidifying that
default_sleep.png

Holy **** for the love of pete bury this **** and move on people !! We are living NOW and need to move FORWARD despite old wounds .This is a good class despite overcomplication and needs to continue . I don't race it but i do see it as a stepping stone after Stock tunnel as long as racers don't get GOD SYNDROME !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back