THANKS to MMEU

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

I know many of those who were at the Nats will be travelling home today and I hope that all of them have a safe and easy journey back to there their loved ones.

This event was most spectacular with all the top of the line racers competing in some very tough heats. It couldn't have been done without the hard work and dedication to ALL the MMEU folks(that includes their better halfs...Kathy Becca Dawn) The guys worked very hard and ladies worked even harder...even putting up with all my silly remarks.

Al Waters and Dave Bestpitch did the most spectacular job of officiating that I have ever witnessed. Decisive and quick and even to all who competed.

It was kinda funny watching the gas/nitro guys calling the rules out to the FE'ers and I think they learned a thing or two about us. It was a great bonding experience for all of us. These guys are grade A in my book.

I was very proud to be on the podium with my best buddies in FE...Kelly and Howie. The only thing better was getting home to see my lovely wife and kids...going away really does make the heart grow fonder.

There is so much more to tell and my brain is not upto par yet but ....Storm/Tornado hit while the result seramony was being conducted and I witnessed the remnants of a Wal Mart roof scattered all over the parking lot within about 10 miles of the pond (on my way home)...we were all very lucky. I followed behind the storm the whole way back home and saw the best display of lightening that I have ever witnesssed.

Also good buds Neil and Steve Reeesor who are top notch racers suffered all week long from radio glitches...they never got the chance to show how good they really are. I just hope they got alot of good memories and their gremlins agone for good.

So much more but alas I can barely think today..at work...I know others will fill in once they are home. It was great racing with all of you. DaveNewlan,Pete Boyle,Steve Vac and Steve Voepl, Tom Costello(70 some yrs old and still kickin butt....way to hang in there Tom) Jay Stoltz/ Ed Hughey..geeze the list just goes on and on.

Oh and Brian Vega, Doug Twaits Bananna Jr, Chris Costanza,Reed Eagle...all good buddies ;) It was great competeing with you all.

I also want to give Kevin Whitehead a very special thanks for giving me the right stuff to win 1/16 sport hydro...His design make and setup...it rocked! I wish he could have stayed for the results...better that he didn't...he was way ahead of the storm.

Geeze Ken Joye and Josh.....how could I forget...Ken let me run one of his 1/8 scales and that was precious. I got a 3rd place with a loaner. :)

I know I forgot about a million other things to say so I'll just sum it up.

Thank You All

Alan Nayman

Last edited by a moderator:
Back