temp on a Mac 67

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone know how hot these motors get to ?
No idea, but there is a easy way to find out. I think McMaster-Carr or MSC sells temp strips w/adhesive backing you can attach to the head(after cleaning). The strips have silver dots on them that turn dark when temps are met or exceeded.

Glenn

anyone know how hot these motors get to ?
Will depend on the application. On my setup in a 67 Eagle SG, 60% nitro, AB 67 pipe at 10.88", prop, Texas in summer, etc. the engine runs between 150-170 deg F typcially. This is using a 0.059" diameter cooling orifice located in the head. I measure the temperature right under the glow plug with a thermocouple feeding back to an Eagle Tree data logger. Also measures rpm, EGT, GPS speed, etc.

Hope this helps.

Mike

so the motor housing would be cooler , am I right ?
Yes, If you're using a temp gun you will find a good temp on the case or near the glow plug is only 110 to 120 in a rigger. It would be more in a scale or mono...maybe 140.

For tuning pay attention to the plug element and don't worry about the motor temp unless it's excessively hot or cold.

It is possible to run fast and find the case and water jacket temp at 90 degrees on a cool day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back