Tell me bout OPS .45??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZIonOB75

anybody has something to say anything about OPS .45 coz just wanna know if it's worth to get?..thanks in advance...

I run one in a rigger lets see, upgrade the rod, upgrade carb to .67 ops carb(slide), glue the carb in ,thighten the rotor up, shim the sleeve, this is on a older style ops don't know about the drum motors. Hopes this helps they can run but need a little help and parts are out ther you just have to dig a little not a cmb or mac but there is not a lot out there that you can get parts for any more

Last edited by a moderator:
I run one in a rigger lets see, upgrade the rod, upgrade carb to .67 ops carb(slide), glue the carb in ,thighten the rotor up, shim the sleeve, this is on a older style ops don't know about the drum motors. Hopes this helps they can run but need a little help and parts are out ther you just have to dig a little not a cmb or mac but there is not a lot out there that you can get parts for any more

I have used OPS 45 motors for over 25 years. I have a OPS 45 drum rotor engine in my 40 sport hydro and it is a district champion. We use an OS max 7B carb on it with an OS max remote needle. I believe the latest version comes with the rod bushed and oil holes on both ends. The engine loves 50% nitro. You can go on the internet and find OPS dealers in Germany who will sell you not ony the motor but parts as well and the shipping charges are the only problem but the engine is well worth it.

I have used OPS 45 motors for over 25 years. I have a OPS 45 drum rotor engine in my 40 sport hydro and it is a district champion. We use an OS max 7B carb on it with an OS max remote needle. I believe the latest version comes with the rod bushed and oil holes on both ends. The engine loves 50% nitro. You can go on the internet and find OPS dealers in Germany who will sell you not ony the motor but parts as well and the shipping charges are the only problem but the engine is well worth it.
Jul the OPS is a good motor,if you run the older style find yourself a late K/B drum and housing what an improvement and thay will stay together as good as any bushed rod motor.........come play with us MIKEY

A buddy of mine bought one a few months ago and it hauls butt. Great engine for the price. You will not regret it.

I noticed that a lot of people swapped out the stock carb. I had a OPS .45 for a short time but never used it and ended up by selling it to Randy Rapedius if I remember corrctly.

What I didn't like was the carb as the bore in the barrel was so large that it appeared that the carb would never fully close.

I run an ops 45 with a k/b red carb. Got it used from Rod Geraghty, he told me the red carb works great & he was right I've had the engine for 10+ years & it still runs great!

joe

Latest posts

Back