Tail weight for a twin

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DON MAHER

Guys,

What is a good tail weight for a 15-16lb twin 80? This is my first attempt at building a heat racing twin and I don't have a clue what would be in the ball park. :wacko:

Don :)

Hey Brian,

That's a hoot LOL! Are you going to run the SAW? Heard the cat is purrrrrring!!! How is the twin coming along? Should have mine ready to get wet next week.

don

if you are running no ski or center shoe or rears i would say keep it light.. otherwise i would try to have a 60 - 65% in the rear but that is me. take that for what it is.

chris

Chris,

How you doing, thanks for the input. Ya, no "training wheels" on the back :lol: 2-1/2lb. on the props, is what it came out to. Can't make it any lighter,hope it works.

Don,

Propellers are here and will be done this weekend.

Thanks For Your Patience,

Mark

Mike,

Yes the twin was built for Hobart. That is if it works without any major changes.

Jerry,

The tanks are not big enought :p

Dont pour it in the tanks I have a better tank for it....... But you might put xxx on the side of the boat

Don will you fill up moonshine to tanks . " Mad Warrior" beat to Stu, and William :p :D :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Dave. Been working hard on getting this boat done. I started it back in the fall of 12 but had a lot of stuff going on in life that took me away from it. I just got back on it hot and heavy the last 4 weeks or so. Rigging the radio box as we speak. Hopefully drive line parts will show up soon and can finish that as well. Was hoping to get it wet this coming weekend but that aint gonna happen. Maybe 3 weeks from now. Lets hope.

Mike

Mark, I was in San Diego for the race and just now saw your post & pm. Info is on the way.

Thanks

Back