Suggestions for template material?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschigoda

I have a few hydro kits in my basement that are waiting for me to build them. Does anyone have a suggestion for what material I could use to make templates of the parts, in case I need to replace "parts" later due to a crash, etc. Single layer cardboard? Or?

Thanks. [i realize that I could use the kit parts themselves as templates, but then I'd have to the cut out all those parts.]

I've used poster paper to trace part on. Then used rubber cement to glue paper to thin door skin plywood. When dry , cut out template. Rubber cement used in offices doesn't wrinkle the paper. It's also good for gluing sandpaper to a block of wood.

Clear acetate sheet work well either .040 or 0.060 thick. McMaster Carr should stock them.

Bert Dygert

1/4" MDF

cheap, cuts and sands nice. I micro pin ply to mdf templates and route them out on a table router. Works great

As Jordan said, been using seetemp for years building control line stunters. Its available in big sheets to trace out plans and parts. Just lay over the plans (see through) and trace away. I have used it lately for scale windshield patterns on the bardahl and also to trace out paint locations from Newton 3 view plans when I did the scallops on the 64 bardahl.

Back