Suggestions for a 4cell rigger.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lundahl

Hello.

I plan to build a 4cell (lipo) rigger. Any ideas on engine, controller and prop. For heat racing.

Fredrik.

If you are looking for a build, the JAE 21 kit was an enjoyable build. I like the Neu 1515 1y motors, but other 2200 kv motors in that size range will suffice. I like Castle 240 controllers, but you will get a lot of opinions on ESCs. A good starter prop might be in the H-7 - H-10 range. Keep in mind that this would be considered a "higher end" motor/ controller combo. Battery choice is equally important as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Buaas produces a very nice P-Ltd heat racing rigger known as the Raptor rigger. It can be used with P Power, but must be done carefully. I run one with in both P-Ltd and P for heat racing. For the P power system we use a Castle/Neu 1415 1Y from the RC cars with the same speed control and a single 5000mAh battery. I believe they are available in standard epoxy glass or Carbon. ABC cleaver props like a 1714 work very well.

Tyler

P1040593.JPG

P1040602.JPG

P1040604.JPG

P1040605.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back