Steering Servos for Gas Tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious what guys are using and if you've had any problems.
Kevin
Kevin

Check out servocity.com and the Robotics section/servos. Hitec 5995 used in Military UAV's producing over 1500 in/oz torque at 6.0 in different ratios. 5:1 used in FL by gas tunnel guy.

Randy

005.JPGGuys talking about steerings for GAS TUNNELS ,Can anyone help me? Im havin probs trying to adjust both servos on the steering , i get more travel one way than the other and I have adjusted radio I dont know how many times? I use the same radio on other boats so I am pretty clued up with my radio.Both servos are connected.Thanks for help005.JPG

005.JPG

View attachment 9500Guys talking about steerings for GAS TUNNELS ,Can anyone help me? Im havin probs trying to adjust both servos on the steering , i get more travel one way than the other and I have adjusted radio I dont know how many times? I use the same radio on other boats so I am pretty clued up with my radio.Both servos are connected.Thanks for help
Im betting you have the servos out of sync. remove the servo horns, set your epas to center, then turn on the system the servos will recenter then while the radio is still on. put on the servo horns and adjust your linkages for neutral

what receiver?

what servos?

what transmitter?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am the one using the robotic setup, from servo city. great people to deal with. have it soldered up by them , believe me on this one .. veryvery reasonable for the power given. have had no problems at all. get the 6 volt sub-c 4200 mh pack from them and you can play/race all weekend.......joe

Please, show a pic of that robotic setup in your boat!

greetings

greetings

what about this badboy from servo city

http://www.servocity.com/html/gdp985a-bm_pan_system.html get them to fit a MG servo to it

cheers
That will work great if you dont plan on turning quickly.....about 2 seconds to go 90% thats 100 feet or more at the speeds we travel. Not to mention weighing over half a pound! its not designed for our type of applications but for panning cameras on tripods etc.

Air wild hobbies has a nice inline tray designed to stack two or three standard size servos inline:

tray-topview.jpg

I believe they also have a twin S9152 set-up

Tyler

Air wild hobbies has a nice inline tray designed to stack two or three standard size servos inline:
tray-topview.jpg

I believe they also have a twin S9152 set-up

Tyler
I guess I must not understand the problems and forces applied here. It must be much higher than 7" tall tires on my rock crawlers that are capable of moving the weight of the 9LB rock crawler and the resistance on the rocks themselves. I cant see why a good MG standard servo in the 333 Oz.in Torque (6.0V) range wold not be more than adequate like a hitec 5955TG

iv seen a gas outboard destroy a 5955 thats why we use two servos for steering these boat

i did rockcrawling for a while about 6 years ago just when it first took off theres a lot less force

on the steering servo in a truck like that your only moving a small patch of rubber when you turn

my gas outboard on its own leg, pipe, zenoah weighs 9lb then you add prop force and so on

iv seen a gas outboard destroy a 5955 thats why we use two servos for steering these boat
i did rockcrawling for a while about 6 years ago just when it first took off theres a lot less force

on the steering servo in a truck like that your only moving a small patch of rubber when you turn

my gas outboard on its own leg, pipe, zenoah weighs 9lb then you add prop force and so on
IF you rockcrawler 6 years ago nothing is the same. special compound tires now, much higher torque, brushless, etc. even my rig from 2 seasons ago has no chance to compete today. the contact patch on a super class crawler is at least 4 times the size now. AS for the servos giving up the ghost, That is usually the fault of the user and improperly set epa's.. after all these are robot type servos (just with stops installed)

I am about to make a move for steering on my new project and I need all the help I can get as far as every single thing to buy. Please chime In, Here Is my OB that I own the rights to on the mid. More to come after I get some testing In. The next models will have carbon fiber mids. I also want to talk to the precision guy about making some jackplates. Also considering running eddy de vries cable lowers that look like the scale geared lower.

Picture010.jpg

version2.jpg

I am about to make a move for steering on my new project and I need all the help I can get as far as every single thing to buy. Please chime In, Here Is my OB that I own the rights to on the mid. More to come after I get some testing In. The next models will have carbon fiber mids. I also want to talk to the precision guy about making some jackplates. Also considering running eddy de vries cable lowers that look like the scale geared lower.
Picture010.jpg

version2.jpg
Nicely done, looks great.

Arian a friend in Holland was using 2 Mulpitplex rhino servo's for steering:

Radiobox_Arian_(2).jpg

greetings

what about this badboy from servo city

http://www.servocity.com/html/gdp985a-bm_pan_system.html get them to fit a MG servo to it

cheers

I really like the Idea of using one servo If It will work.You guys think this will cut It? Is the servo Included? I need to go check.
I looked at one of these but the speed of rotation is pretty slow. I went with 2 Hitec 5745s with metal gears.

I also use two Digi Rhino's in my gas outboard setup, till now have no problems.

Gr Marc

( I do have a picture, but cannot post it, if someone will, please)

Back