Starter for CMB .90

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go with the wrist breaker.

Sulivan makes a DYNATRON Starter.

its like 70 bucks or so. Will be the first and last starter you buy. its 12/24 volt, you will need it.

if you go with this starter, HANG ON TO IT with 24 volts ;D ;D

and dont spin it for more than 15 seconds at a time.

and dont spin to much without a load.

Will your normal type sulivan starter turn a .90 over ar are you just wasting your time. If they do just do the job,thats ok because myself and others could just upgrade when we start to kill our normal type starters? : :)

been there done that just spend the money and be done with it.

i destroyed a power starter or what ever the hell it was and than bought the sullivan and have only gone forwards since.

i have since made a starter out of a 250cc bike starter motor and soon will build another for the pit starts.

with 3 starters you can not go wrong. now where is ther truck battery gone.............

ahhh there it is in the mack truck. they won't miss it.

lol lol lol lol

paul

destroyer racing.

ohh the power makes me excited. :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

Before starting the engine I always remove the plug, blow out some fuel with the starter and while it's still turning pinch off the fuel line for a second then shut it down. I also used a 24 volt battery with the 12 volt Sullivan. Worked fine for a couple of years before the switch burned out. (Make sure to put a towel over the head!) Didn't do that one time and raced my boat almost blind. ;D

Just loosen your plug a little bit, that way you will not have 100% compression and can start a .90 engine with a "normal" 12V starter.

I have to disagree on that one with the normal starter.

I cant tell you what to do, but i can say I HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE THAT.

I now have the Dynatron starter, have wired for 12/24 volts for different boats, and first time i cranked over my .80 with it on 24, I NEVER THOUGHT TWICE about spending the money.

NT

believe me or not, we are starting all our .90 engines (CMB / OS / PICCO) with a normal 12V starter. But it is true that it is nearly impossible to start a cold .90 engine with a fully screwed in plug....but as soon as the plug is unfastened a bit.... it works!!! :p

Back