starter belt lengths?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

460_f100_dude

what is the purpose of having different starter belt lengths and is there a certain length that i need, thanks Darren

I like them as short as possible but long enough to get the starter in there.

-MikeP

I have used both 17' and 19' long pranther belts.

for the boats with the belt going off to the side and up, I use the longer belt so the starter dont damage the boat.

NT

It really depends on your application. If you are in doubt, tie some strings so the length is equal to the starter belts, & try them out to see which one you prefer.

Hope this helps.

Try 15" for .21's, 17" for .45-.60's and the 19" over .60 sized engines.

Some things to look at are if the engine has a side or rear exhaust and if the hull is a low profile or deeper like an offshore boat. Too long is better than too short.

If you are talking about riggers, I use a 13" belt from Aeromarine ( just like prathers and the smallest one I can find) on my .12 and a 17" for my .67.

Don :)

I use 19s on my .21 and .80, Like the longer one best, I was using 17s, LHS ordered wrong ones, but it turned out i liked them better.

NT

Ron,

Took the words right out of my mouth. I always crack up when I see this little .21 go by and there's this monster size belt flapping around.

We were at the pond one time and a frined had an A-mono with one of those monster size belts that hung out of the boat. He snagged part of the booey with it and it sling shot the boat right around it flinging it in the air and turned it upside down. Funniest thing I ever saw

Back