St.Pete Grand Prix

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Culhane

Awesome day of racing. Great weather and friends. Congrats to Helio! New car looked awesome on the track...Fast and stable.

Yeah! Had a great time. I was pulling for Rubens Barrichello as I am a big F1 fan. He started 13 and finshed 17. Had some fuel pick-up issues late in the race that caused him a good finish. Great time though. Should have come out.

Sad day indeed. I was one of the fortunate ones to call Dan my friend. I met Dan the first day he reported to Primus racing back in '99. Had so many good times as he thought he could drink any American under the table just cause he was a Brit. Well, there were several of us that prooved him wrong on more occasions than I can count. Talk about a bad dancer...well I won't go there. Drifted apart after his marriage to Suzie (you know how that goes). Did run into him at Ferg's in St. Pete while he was unemployed and laughed about old times and prospects of the future. That was months before he won Indy. Never saw him again. Wish I had that night back.

Watched it on TV. Love the sound of those turbo V-6's. The car is growing on me ;)

I'm just impressed that everyone got through the first turn after last years debacle where Marco ended up on his lid.

Chris

Back