Sport .40 II pipe length......

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

I'm running my Phil Thomas Sport 40-II with a P-I-P engine and pipe. Right now I'm at exactly 10 inches, where are your pipes set at??? I was told the best length is between 9 1/2 to 10 inches. Any opinions, the more the better.

Also, I'm using their restricted muffled pipe. It performs good but I'm thinking of going back to the Mac nitro pipe, the really long .45 pipe. What's the best muffler for it?? :rolleyes:

Every boat, engine, pipe, prop, driver combination is going to require a different pipe setting. If your boat set up likes 10 inches thats what it likes. Try shorter until it gets too pipey for your driving style. A friend and I run identical boats. Same hull, motor, prop and pipe. We like different pipe settings to suit our driving styles. We both win our share of races and have very similar lap times.

For an add on muffler try Prather or a Rum Racing both make a good low restriction muffler. The prather tends to be quieter.

Mark

Rodney Loranzo just got one of those P I P A45 for a sport boat I gave him..I don't know what pipe he got with it, But pipe settings al depend on your set up..I run an Irwin Q pipe on mine set at 10 1/4 fm plug to weld.with a picco or the OPs 45..You just have to test and see what works best for you...

Roy,

I spoke w/Chester the guy who gave Lorenzo the PIP engine and he said that with the PIP pipe and motor that I should be at 9 1/2 he said being at 10 inches I'm running off all torque and it's never going to peek.

Chester didn't give Lorenzo a PIP pipe like he did for me so he'll have to find a pipe that works. The MAC nitro (not Andy MAC) pipe should work fine if not better than the restricted pipe I run.

Did you notice how quite my pipe was?? :ph34r:

Yes I did..Verry quite...I guess we have to see how it runs at the new pipe setting...Loranzo wants to run it before I tear it down to blueprint it,and maybe do another head button for high nitro...Plus afew other things :D

Amazing how Lorenzo forgot to thank me for getting him sponsored! :huh:

PIP is sending me a newer modified version and we're going to go run it and the stock to compare them as well as change the shims and try different pipes.

Let me know how it went... Started primering my sport and will start shooting the color soon...Want to test my OPs 45 . aganist those Mac,s...and PIP,s..hahaha

Roy, You go boy! Me you lorenzo in Sport 40, rubbin, bumpin, grindin, well not Lorenzo he'd have to polish his boat afterwards...LOL :lol: :lol:

Back