Sport 20

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve P

Finished my Phil Thomas Sport 20 Sat. and ran it Sun. It was fast and stable, the wind was blowing so hard that the cowling would fly off the starting table if it was not anchored down. The only time it flipped was on a hard left to miss a duck :blink:

View attachment 2238

wow... theres a bass boat somewhere missing some sparkle... j/k looks great what are you using for a motor and prop?

I have an OPS with the rear exhaust. I have tried a X442 and X440/3 seem to like the 440 better. I think it could take more prop so I would like to try a X445 or an ABC 16xx or 17xx any sugestions?

Steve,

A 1514 or a 1614 would work well I think. The 1714 is a little too big at

43.828mm. I would try the 1514 first and if that pulls with no problems,

I would then step it up to a 1614. I have them ready to run if you are

interested? Price is $35.00 shipped in the USA. Nice job on the boat by

the way,it will blind you in the mid-summer sun. B) B) B)

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Props-4-U

Steve P said:
Finished my Phil Thomas Sport 20 Sat. and ran it Sun. It was fast and stable, the wind was blowing so hard that the cowling would fly off the starting table if it was not anchored down. The only time it flipped was on a hard left to miss a duck :blink:
Hey Steve nice boat. bring it to Evansville to play, Ill bring mine. If we can find one more sport 20 we can race them saturday, if we can talk the officials into that.

I will bring a Trophy PHIL

Rc Marine Designs web page http://rcmarinedesigns.20megsfree.com/

Phil, I will be in Evansville on the 1st. If Dennis would have gotten busy and finnished his we would have 3. See you on Sat.

Steve,

Looks great! What type of paint did you use??

Also, that's a neat cowl lock system but when the engine is started do you have the time to get those two nuts down tight enough while battling the vibration??

Rodney.

They are aeromarine cowl locks just push and turn. The paint is PPG clear I added the flake myself, its some stuff I have had for years. Not sure were I got it or what it is the original packaging is gone.

Latest posts

Back