Speedmaster hulls

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

Who made the speedmaster hulls before Julian? I bought a bare hull off ebay I believe was originally purchased in 2019...
Bob

I recieved both boats I bought...one from ebay which I understand mark Hopper made...the second was one that Julian made...at first glance marks work looks to be very nice...Julian's build looks as if it were rushed...there are bubbles on the keel near the front and the deck looks like it shifted when joined...I waited 6 months for that rushed, not so great work from Julian...happy and bummed at the same time

Are the "bubbles" critical to the way the boat will run or handle ? Or is it just cosmetic ?

I know I tend to be super critical when I pay for an expected quality hull or part... but sometimes it doesn't really matter if it's a small thing I can correct...

As far as a shifted deck.... that might be a deal breaker though... any pics?

The bubbles are more like waves in the glass...it's right where the boat would set the turn...not sure if it might make the boat wander or do something funky when turning...the deck shift is really only visible from the bottom, but bugs me. I also noticed that the keel on Julian's boat is pretty sharp and the keel on Marks is softer..not sure what riding characteristics that may pose...there may be other differences on the bottom which I'll see when I get home and set them side by side...I have been running a seaducer for many years and wanted to try something different.

I recieved both boats I bought...one from ebay which I understand mark Hopper made...the second was one that Julian made...at first glance marks work looks to be very nice...Julian's build looks as if it were rushed...there are bubbles on the keel near the front and the deck looks like it shifted when joined...I waited 6 months for that rushed, not so great work from Julian...happy and bummed at the same time

Do me a flavor. Put the boat back in the box I’ll email you a shipping label and give you a full refund.

What you didn’t tell everybody was that I told you the little imperfections that the boat had and you said that it was fine now as far as the top deck shifting that’s a oversight on my part I’ll accept that one.

I gave you a discount on the boat even paid $60 plus dollars for shipping free.

So since you already purchased a 15 plus yearly old brand new boat from a old bottom design and your happy with that.

I’ll make things right pay you back for the boat and shipping so I can get the boat back.

RESPECTFULLY

Julian

Also you sent me payment for the boat August 16th 2021 @1344 pm not 6 months ago

Last edited:
You asked if I was painting the boat because there were imperfections on the deck...nothing about the bottom having imperfections...you showed me pics of the boat out of the mold and joined with your son holding the boat on September 16...I finally received the boat today...all I heard was excuse after excuse...I told you months ago I don't do business that way with my products. I also told you last week to cancel my order and refund my money...instead you shipped it. What a pain In the the ass. Send me a label and you can have it back.

You asked if I was painting the boat because there were imperfections on the deck...nothing about the bottom having imperfections...you showed me pics of the boat out of the mold and joined with your son holding the boat on September 16...I finally received the boat today...all I heard was excuse after excuse...I told you months ago I don't do business that way with my products. I also told you last week to cancel my order and refund my money...instead you shipped it. What a pain In the the ass. Send me a label and you can have it back.

Really September 2020.

this is where your going to look like a liar in front of everyone. That picture was sent you on Aug 15 2021 @1431 pm here’s the proof as I have the text between you and I it has a time and date ;-)

Since you want to know my business I’ll tell you what’s happened in my like since that day and these are my excuses. 3 of my veteran friends committed suicide, my mom went into surgery, my 3 year old got COVID and in and out the hospital 3 times and then I was in and out the hospital twice.
So yeah your boat and everyone’s boat can be on the back burner.

But obviously you can care less so keep the boat run it destroy so with it what you want.

With that being said no more Speedmaster boats will ever be build.

Attachments

• 8854396D-FF7A-4D39-8C6A-54843596E5AE.png
    8854396D-FF7A-4D39-8C6A-54843596E5AE.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 64
I don't want to know your business...just be honest and forthcoming. If you sent the pic on August 15th...that's even longer that I waited...no returned calls...no returned texts. Julian, you took forever to get that thing in a box.

Well, this went sideways quickly....

Julian,,, it's just one boat dude, don't let this one issue stop you from building hulls, I think you spent some good money for those molds, and the hulls have proven themselves.
It would be a shame to stop producing boats over a single problem.

NAMBA 276,

Everyone has problems and issues in life,
Things happen. Life gets in the way at times.

A hobby is just that...a hobby.
A man has to take care of his family and friends first.

So the boat wasn't perfect...I get it, but it sounds like Julian did try to make it right with you.. and if you feel like the boat isn't useable or up to your expectations, then call and speak to the man...sometimes things need to happen by talking about it... thoughts and feelings get lost in text and email..

also, sometimes details left out of a story can sway the thoughts of people reading these forums. Think about this point...

It sounds like both of you guys should take a few days and think about the issue and a way to resolve it that is fair to both of you. And then maybe Julian can reevaluate his thoughts about stopping production on building boats..and you can return or repair and use the hull at a discount.

Come on guys,,, turn this into a positive lesson learned by all and let's get back to running boats !!!

Last edited:
Julian and namba276, chill guys and talk it out. I think it's to easy to but heads in these texts and often write things in haste. I think Frank hit the nail on the head, and I second him on continuing to build your boats. Watched several run at sowega last weekend and was sold on it. Would order one in a heartbeat!!! I too understand life's issues so take all the time you need. Just put me on a list for one of your boats... Michael

Latest posts

Back