Southern Gentlemen Racing Association

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, I was wondering where the race site is located.

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Well your link didn't go anywhere. The reason I'm asking is I saw a movie where this poor soul ended up at a race site in Slidel LA. there was real footage of a race and wanted to know if your site was the same. Bob

"do you know who I am? I'm a big fan of radio control" A really bazar movie about a guy who loses his wife and starts sniffin gas. he buys a model plane to cover his gas addiction.He takes a road trip lookin for a radio rodeo,ends up in Slidell at a race site. I was shocked to see the real model boat footage. strange movie with some quirky stuff. It was called love liza. you should check it out. Bob

The actual filming for the movie was in Mobile it was fun being involved with the making of the movie. We had guys come from the St Louis, Atlanta and many other areas to help out and have some fun while doing it. You are correct it was a very strange story line. Plus Phillip Seymore Hoffman got a lot of recognition from his great performance in that movie. He did the water take 2 times. They wanted him to do that while we were actually running boats and of course we said there was no way due to the safety factor.

"do you know who I am? I'm a big fan of radio control" A really bazar movie about a guy who loses his wife and starts sniffin gas. he buys a model plane to cover his gas addiction.He takes a road trip lookin for a radio rodeo,ends up in Slidell at a race site. I was shocked to see the real model boat footage. strange movie with some quirky stuff. It was called love liza. you should check it out. Bob

They had to keep telling Willie Dennis from Larel, MS to slow his little 3.5 tunnel hull down so the movie stars boat a 11cc tunnel could win the race in the movie. They did visit Slidell to get an idea of how a race is run and set up. The Slidell races are one of the best ones in the south some supper good racers and even better food. I'm glad they are getting back into the racing since the Katrina hit.

They had to keep telling Willie Dennis from Larel, MS to slow his little 3.5 tunnel hull down so the movie stars boat a 11cc tunnel could win the race in the movie. They did visit Slidell to get an idea of how a race is run and set up. The Slidell races are one of the best ones in the south some supper good racers and even better food. I'm glad they are getting back into the racing since the Katrina hit.

All Gulf Coast Challange classes will be availible, forgot to list some classes on the flyer such as LS 27 Rigger and and XLS 36 Rigger. :rolleyes:

Back