silent guitars

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moparbarn

My first & forever guitar hero, johnny winter has passed away at age 70. He was on tour in europe, found dead in his hotel room wednesday night. No cause of death has been determined, although preliminary reports lean toward medical issues - not drugs or "third party involvement" (their words, not mine). Absolutely the finest blues guitarist of our generation, imo. R.I.P., johnny.

One of the greats for sure !

My taste goes more towards Clapton and Buddy Guy, Their all gett'n up there in age thou.

Hate to see another one gone,

Gene

Johnny RIP
default_sad.png
Saw him at the Fillmore East in 71. Allman Brothers and Elvin Bishop booked also for that 3 day stretch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIBqr2dMfvU

Saw JW live on only one occasion... he did a few tunes with Edgar's band White Trash at the Hollywad Bowl in '71, opening for ELP and Humble Pie. Unfortunately, he wasn't allowed the freedom to play his better stuff. One of the very best of all time and certainly the whitest of the white blues guitar players.

Thank you for the link Ray. Now where the heck is my JW second winter CD??? Howard just pointed with his gun and said that way down Highway 61.

Saw Johnny play at the Cabooze in Minneapolis a few years back on a Friday night. He was the headliner on the main stage the following night at the Bayfront Blues Festival in Duluth.

Back