SIG Polyester Glass Resin ? JAE21 SEALING

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael defrain

I'm just ready to seal my JAE21FE a friend gave me a can of this Resin "SIG Polyester glass resin. He used it on his Chris craft I haven't seen anything on this product all I'm seeing ref to, Is Westin's sys or epoxy resin. His Chris Craft will never see water and will not be painted, on the other hand I plan on painting and will hopefully see Water at 60+mph. can I use this do I want to? appreciate any help just trying to make things easier thanks

Sig polyester resin is a finishing resin with wax added. Straight Polyester resin without glass will develop hairline cracks over time. For sealing a wood hull, I would use epoxy resin

Something else you have to remember is that Sig manufactures balsa and ply R/C aircraft kits so there products are normally formulated with that in mind. I'd stick with the tried and true epoxies as well

I have used it in the past and it worked quite well.. Much safer for you then Epoxy... either way use them outside.

Grim

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks all for your input think I'll give it a try sealing the inside first, I expect this to self destruct way before any hairline cracks. lol the build is as much fun as the Run.

Back