Shipping parts to AU??

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glenng

I've shipped parts to AU before and have not had any problems- till now(usually 7 days). I sent a small package of parts USPS "First Class" from Sacramento CA on Nov. 14th- on the 18th they departed the sorting center in Los Angeles CA. Four days to go 550 miles? Now that's "snail mail". I checked the customs # with the Aussie post This morning and the # has not entered their system yet.

I suppose what I'd like to know has anyone shipped to AU from the US and had it take two weeks or more???

Thanks in advance for any information you could provide.

Glenn Gates

Not a great time of year for timely mail & parcels to arrive quickly or within the normal expectance, knon as Xmas rush in Aussie this time of year.

7 to 10 days from the US is pretty normal depending on the time of year for small parcels up to 1 kg. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, it takes up to 21 days on the same postal service level from the same supplier. Larger parcels take longer generally. I suspect that there are random parcel scans that get in the way.

A heads up as well, if you ship to Australia and use any sort of "organic" packaging matter as filler ( egg cartons for example) and the parcel gets inspected it can be months in quarantine.

I have a USPS 4S mono sized parcel inbound right now that took 6 days to get from drop off to the international sorting and despatch centre in the same state, and it's now 7 days since it was scanned out and not yet arrived. I guess the >$2 billion in online shopping that Aussies do each year really bites in November/ December!

Sometimes they will take three weeks or more, I would give it a bit longer- it should arrive no probs :)

Thanks for all the replies, I used to send everything "priority mail" To AU but costs have gone thru the roof. The USPS wanted over $55 To send a small 9.3 Ounce package. My customer in AU has been very polite and understanding. I'm just a bit upset the USPS told me 6-10 days.

Thanks,

Glenn

NSW Tim, Greg Moss may know the customer- think they are in the same club.

Glenn

Normally 10 days, occasionally upto 4 weeks for me to receive parcels from the US.

Never had one not turn up.

It's coming to me Tim, I'm not at panic stations yet, I have had things take from a couple of days to weeks, it will get here eventually. I have also found on some occasions the tracking stops once it gets to a certain point. I do think 6 - 10 days this time of year was optimistic though

What shipping company do you US guys use to ship large hulls.

Wanting to get a sport 45 shipped from US to Aus but I've been quoted $300 on shipping. Hull is only going to set me back $250 so not worth it.

Wanting to know other options

Thanks

Dave

Thanks for being patient Wayne, Perhaps I've just had good luck in the past but after reading some of the comments here- I don't think I'll be telling anyone 6-10 days again :( . I'll keep tracking the customs form # with the USPS and Aussie post and let you know if I find out anything new.

Glenn

David, Like I mentioned earlier shipping has seemed to get VERY pricey lately-especially for the priority(insured) packages. One option may be a wood Whiplash kit(or plans) from Blazer Marine and build one. A carbon fiber Whip Spt. 40 II won the 2013 NAMBA Nats.

Glenn

More cheerful news from the USPS, Letter and parcel rates to AU are going up 5% starting Jan. 1 :angry: .

Back