Shaman Twin OS engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking nice....

Wondering how you gonna solve the double throttle.....

Looking forward for more pics and or videos.

Ronald

looking nice....

Ronald
Had a guy run a twin outrigger in our discrict years ago. He started with Twin K&B 7.5s then went to K & B 11cc. He eventually got it running really good and even to High Point Championship Honors in 30 cc Hydro one or maybe even two years in a row with it. If my memory serves me correctly.

looking nice....

Ronald
I´m working on that, made the push-pull is the best way to do that, I will add photos

Two cables one servo works grate or two hs85mg's and two cables, the servo's y together.

this is how terry's shaman is done

I think I used one servo, and one cable, but made it end at a bellcrank system that went to each carb with short push rods. Dont have aany pics of the set-up though. It was WAY too much work

What Shane mentioned with the two cables and one servo is much easier.

~James

I think I used one servo, and one cable, but made it end at a bellcrank system that went to each carb with short push rods. Dont have aany pics of the set-up though. It was WAY too much work

What Shane mentioned with the two cables and one servo is much easier.

~James

I think I have a picture of that setup Gabe.

just have too look in my laptop.

Ronald

use a y harness for the twin servo setup, if thats the route your going...if using one servo u can run a single cable to one carb...then actually couple the second cable to it via solder or collar,,either at the control horn or about an inch from the control horn....just a thought..

alden

Last edited by a moderator:
..just a thought..

alden

I am involved wiht this project ( actually with the geared outboard too. I made it) and think it´s possible, but in th other hand the simple is the best

Here is Gabes solution on the twin throttle:

IMG_0297Kopie.jpg

Hi,

It´s nice, thanks to add the photos.

On the next week I will add more photos.

Thanks

Best Regards

David Dias

David,

I know a little about that set up. It will test you but once you get it figured out, it can really be fun. I started with a pair of 442's for the initial setup and then moved to a set of 1440's. The inside engine will be a bit fussy at times. We found that 1 to 2 ounces of weight set a perfect trim but was a little tender in race water. Forget lane one before the start. Keep it spooled up during mill time and run to the clock hot and you will deal tham all fits. Good luck and keep us posted.

-Carl,

David,

I know a little about that set up. It will test you but once you get it figured out, it can really be fun. I started with a pair of 442's for the initial setup and then moved to a set of 1440's. The inside engine will be a bit fussy at times. We found that 1 to 2 ounces of weight set a perfect trim but was a little tender in race water. Forget lane one before the start. Keep it spooled up during mill time and run to the clock hot and you will deal tham all fits. Good luck and keep us posted.

-Carl,

Hi,

Thanks I will try them.

Now more some photos,Today I finish the boat, maybe I will test him on saturday.

More Photos:

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

Regards

David Dias

David,

Thanks for the update.

Now let us hear those twins humming at the back of the Shaman..

Good luck testing

Looks good David. Interested to compare it against my dad’s twin vision, can you tell me what size fuel tanks you are using and all up weight of the boat.

Cheers Nigel.

Back