SG Eagle hydro help needed

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocky

Need some setup info on this Eagle hydro.

Boat is 41 inches long, May be an 80 boat?

I want to get enough fuel in her to run a VAC 91.

Any setup help would be great. Maybe Andy B. will chime in.

Thanks

Rocky

mail.jpg

Look 80 SG 41" yes will it be fit 91 VAC no problem good enough tank about 10.5 laps Race only 6 laps will wait 2 min /30 sec figure time start run 1 min count 3 laps then go race Good Luck! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
That is an SG 90. We ran them with CMB 100's and many are still running today with CMB 91 RS's in them. In fact the SG with the 91 RS was the top qualifier at the 2012 NAVIGA world champs. Meaning it got the most points out of 5 rounds of heat racing and they run 7 laps in NAVIGA on the same course that we run, so yes it will have enough fuel for the VAC.

That boat is 1998 vintage, but it is still a great and competitive race boat today.

Andy, The boat came with a tank that held about 17 oz. there is not much extra room for fuel capacity. Walt and I have talked and He thinks he can build a special tank that will get some extra fuel capacity.

Oh I see small tank!!! Tell measure center to center for Boom main? Can show picture open cowl on tub and tank

I had special SGX 80 41" built by Andy B and I installed CMB91 VAC. It is very fastest and very powerful . I sold it to Chris Fabbro in USA last year ago. He is very glad with it He said big thank to me ;)

Andy, The boat came with a tank that held about 17 oz. there is not much extra room for fuel capacity. Walt and I have talked and He thinks he can build a special tank that will get some extra fuel capacity.
Rocky,

I have raced several 90 boats and twin 90's with only 16 oz for each engine. There is no need for more than 17 oz unless you like to fire your engine immediately and the run very wide laps in the race. 19 to 20 oz is a nice luxury, but not nessarary.

Rocky, i race the older SG with one mod and that is i moved the sponson tube closer to the engine so i could fit it with sullivan plastic tanks.

I use one 16 and one 2oz slaint tank.

I launch my boat 1.30 before start with slow mill and i just have little more then the 2 oz tank left after a 6 lap heat, 40% nitro just.

Naviga run 6laps for all hydro classes now.

If you want to run fast you will burn fuel :) .

Before everybody ask why i don`t race with metal tank i can just say i have tried but the balance of the boat become terrible so that`s why. (heavier.....)

One more thing is that you can always see throu a plastic tank.

Anders

Back